They were a couple of cows...

Edit My Images
Yes
... no they were, it's not an insult! - Took these a few days back, revisited the folder today and found these two images I liked with a little tweak in lightroom and photoshop.

1083199649_a048ca6a78.jpg
1079934273_dc529f417e.jpg

I could see that first one hanging on the wall in my house! Great shots and I really like the processing :D

Agree on the perhaps-too-yellow score, but those are great shots!

Nice one :D

Cheers,
James

That has got to be a fake shadow - if it isn't it looks fake anyway.

If your browser page is wide enough those pictures join like they were one big shot with 2 frames - almost works that way too :)

Ahhh Robert, I thought it was two images inside the one frame.

I agree on the shadow, now youve pointed it out.
The cow, to get that shadow, would be pointing to the south - south east of my browser, with a low sun like that wouldnt it?

That aside, I like the first one. Not too keen on the second because the object of the shot (the cow) isnt prominent enough, but the first one I do like.
I like the saturation and the yellowness, and the first thing that hit me was how colourful and bright it was (y)

The shadow was added in photoshop and tbh I never really had much intent of it looking real, just looked better filling out the foreground - in fact the first idea was to make a shadow that looked like a burger or the golden arches - but a burger shadow is essentially just a blob - also if you look at a larger version on flickr the shadow does not match-up to the cows legs either - I can post the originals if you like totally untouched and then you can see the post production. I feel it gets to a point that it ceases being a photograph and become a digital image.

hehe yeah true.

How about an "M" as a shadow. :D

Back