Thinking of ordering a set of Ebay/Cactus V2s triggers? My advice is don't....

Sounds good :)

I ordered a V2 last week to work with my 110v trigger voltage flashes- damn!

wow looks like a proper product, with that instruction book and book et al

I love how he goes on to say he used a GPS device to get the exact coordinates to find out how far it was, then he used software to calculate the distance. Then finally he says it was 'around' 100 meters..... hehehe

wow looks like a proper product, with that instruction book and book et al
Which will take about 5 minutes to be ripped off and soon you won't be able to tell the originals from the fakes.

Still, any progress would seem to be good progress, no?

Definitely unless the new ones are as useless as the ones I have - they fire as and when the please ie as soon as the flash has recharged and NOT when I want to take a picture.

What flash do you use?
I had a 430 and got about 1 in 10 shots correctly. Now with the 580 it gets it right EVERY time.

What flash do you use?
I had a 430 and got about 1 in 10 shots correctly. Now with the 580 it gets it right EVERY time.

The 430EX is well documented as being problematic with the V2s models. The fact that the hotshoe on the Cactus is crap (and this one looks as if it will be the same) doesn't help matters

I guess the manufacturing QC might not be the best, that said I have not had a problem with mine and they have worked very well.

I have the 430ex and a 40d. I had problems on 1 channel on my V2s, so switched channel and they work perfect now :D Anyone tried that?

If anyone has any they want to sell, pm me!

I like the way the design it now lying flat, making it fit better and steadier on a broly mount.

I have the PT04's of similiar design to the V2's, and am already thinking of modding them to have a PC sync cable to attach to a flash. Plus buying the little PC socket adapters to sit flashes lacking a PC socket on, to avoid having to balance the flash on the reciever itself.

Any idea how much we'll see these hit fleabay for?

No idea of the price, the only ones that are going out at the moment are to those who have their images featured in the wee booklet that will accompany the retail units.

It may well be that they are getting pre-production ones to test in the "real world" before the retail launch, but if that is the case it'll be the first cheap Chinese product I've ever heard them do that with :LOL:

Well, if the price is right, and reviews rate the performance as good or better than the V2's/Pt-04's I may well look to replace my set.

I shall wait and see what happens then!

Cheers for the heads up on this btw Flash (y)

Back