Thinktank emergency rain cover- anyone got one?

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
With the impending forecast of snow it got me thinking if its worth investing in a rain cover that’s more durable than the optech rain sleeves. Searching the net came up with results for the thinktank emergency rain cover. It looks like it’s a cut down lighter version of their hydrophobia range.

https://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/emergency-rain-cover-medium

As they are out of stock everywhere I looked I thought I would ask if anyone has one and their opinion on it. Is it worth back ordering or waiting until the photography show in March to pick one up?

Tesco bag with a hole in it, job done.
As an emergency if caught out in rain that’s better than nothing (backpack rain covers are good too) but I’m thinking of a proper cover to purposely go out and shoot in the rain rather than be caught out in it. I can understand rain covers can be seen as an addition cost and that there are cheaper solutions but I’m not sure I could purposely go out using s plastic bag! this cover would likely cost about 1-3% of the gear it’s covering. sadly my Sony kit has iffy weatherproofing and needs a helping hand.

As an emergency if caught out in rain that’s better than nothing (backpack rain covers are good too) but I’m thinking of a proper cover to purposely go out and shoot in the rain rather than be caught out in it. I can understand rain covers can be seen as an addition cost and that there are cheaper solutions but I’m not sure I could purposely go out using s plastic bag! this cover would likely cost about 1-3% of the gear it’s covering. sadly my Sony kit has iffy weatherproofing and needs a helping hand.

Oh your shooting Sony, in that case it would have to be a Marks and Spencer Bag :) although you could ask my new friend @Garry Edwards he may have a better solution, something like a motor-home with a heated awning :) sorry Garry just a bit of banter :)

Last edited:
Back