Third Challenge for the days ahead!

A memory of Toby dog who is sadly no longer with us...

P1040410.jpg

Just under 24 hours to go.

There are a couple I really like, but I am still hoping for a few more entries.

My Ed entry is the idea that I had in the middle of the night, think I pulled it off :naughty: :D, I thought about the use of light, and some how thats what popped into my head the hard bit was getting the Braille, took 4 days to come its the booklet "Mail Made Easy" from the post office

Come on guys get your entries in

Better late than never I guess - some cracking shots in here and I don't think I can match them but here's a few from tonights session:

1) Teabag

3235571128_2fe8d469f2_o.jpg

2) Focaccia

3235508766_9b981bd30f_o.jpg

3) Me (sorry :puke:) and its my moustache/beard!!!

3235585548_06aba1d267_o.jpg

Great shots so far everyone:clap:
Here's my attempt ...
3222950624_07f1270c03_o.jpg

2 Hours to go, John (Dark Star) you have submitted too many images, want to remove one?

As soon as I saw these the other day I thought of this texture challenge. Just in case anyone does not recognise them they are all due to flooding. The first is the bits of dead reeds left when the river overflowed the bank and flowed along the course shown, the second is a closer view and the third is all the seeds and bits that washed into the corner of the field by the gate, and was so deep it came to just below the top of my wellies

texture1.jpg

texture2.jpg

texture3.jpg

Okay, times up!

I will peruse the photos and post the result a little later.

I did say a little later :LOL:

How do you want the results?

winner?

winner and a couple of near misses?

Crit of some, none, all (you're havin' a laff)?

I thought there were some great examples of texture but was a little surprised at how many entries had very soft and/or frontal light rather than the more directional light that is usually employed when choosing to show texture.

In third place I put Yv's 'wickerwork?' love the contrast and it brings out the texture brilliantly.

third one from me after some indecision

3231835903_ab5ed69b4a_o.jpg

In second place I put Daysleeper's effort, Why, well the day before we went to Euro Disney we had to have our 15.5 year old Border Collie Tess put to sleep. Good effort, nice soft directional lighting brought out the texture of the name on the tag beautifully but not too harshly.

A memory of Toby dog who is sadly no longer with us...

P1040410.jpg

And the winner of this challange, Just Dave, The Texture Of Words :- Braille . Congratulations. :clap:

I love the idea, the various textures shown from the paper itself, the braille, the skin, and the gloss of the nails on the fingers coupled with the highlight on the nail which just happens to be on the third, just fantastic, and I think a really worthy winner.

The Texture Of Words :- Braille

3225160862_b5691ea324_o.jpg

Your choice for the next theme Just Dave, looking forward to it! (y)

Congrats to Just Dave

all 3 images are fantastic :D

BTW - we might have to wait as i think he just left for cuba

Congrats Just Dave, well done to the runners up too (y) and to everyone that entered.

:clap::clap: well done Dave, I think that shot is excellent as I said earlier and would probably have been my choise too. Thanks Ed for my 3rd place spot, this one tested me, as texture usually takes a low priority, or an unconscious one, in my photography so actually having to look closer and more carefully was a challenge. Well done to everyone that entered, it just shows what you can see whan you actually look.

Now Dave, Cuba? That is NO excuse at all :naughty:

Holy cow!

I'm well chuffed with second place - thankyou :D

Congratulations to Yv and our worthy winner Just Dave - and of course everyone else who entered. Looking forward to the next challange (y)

Sorry to hear about Tess EdBray - our furry friends are so special and it's terrible having to let them go :(

Very worthy winner Dave and well done to everyone else, some cracking images submitted :clap:

Thanks very much everyone, Especially to Ed for setting yhe challenge and running it :clap:I never really expected to win, Congratulations to Yvonne and Daydreamer,

Im well chuffed, well done to everyone else who entered there all great shots. Its 4-30am Ive just got up to go to the airport, as Ruth said we are on holiday in Cuba for the next 2 weeks.

I have asked John Dark Star to set the next challenge for the few days ahead, and he has kindly agreed to do it :clap: ,and keep the fun and learning on going,(Nice one John, thanks ever so much) So over to John for the next challenge good luck everyone and have fun, I look forward to seeing your images when we return. sorry my reply is a bit short.

Thanks again,

Dave N Julie

Well done Dave, Yv and DS :) Worthy winners all!!!

Dave left the baton with me and he suggested a theme that I will announce very shortly in a fresh thread

:)

Back