Third party batteries

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
No
Hi folks, I hope all is well.

I've historically only used original batteries in my cameras as I've read stories about their party batteries causing issues.

Looking for a couple of spares and don't really fancy paying £80 ish and came across some on eBay and Amazon called Dot.foto.

Anyone use these batteries in their cameras at all?

I'm looking for S1 and S5 batteries for Lumix

I've used NEEWER batteries in my canon kit for years with no issues. Usually good prices on Amazon.

Neewer or Duracell (they aren't made by Duracell, they're made under license but you'd have to imagine the license conditions on quality are quite strict given the potential to ruin the main Duracell brand business)

Also used DSTE in Nikon, Olympus & Ricoh with no problems.

Just bought two Duracell for fuji xe2 direct from duracell on offer at buy one get one half price. I asked on here and people were quite happy with them

Last edited:
Hi folks, I hope all is well.

I've historically only used original batteries in my cameras as I've read stories about their party batteries causing issues.

Looking for a couple of spares and don't really fancy paying £80 ish and came across some on eBay and Amazon called Dot.foto.

Anyone use these batteries in their cameras at all?

I'm looking for S1 and S5 batteries for Lumix

Yes, I bought one recently for use in a little pocket camera. I haven't used it a great deal, as yet, but it seems fine.

Just be mindful of the dreaded battery swelling with 3rd party batteries. I have had it happen a couple of times with Fuji type ones. Fortunately they didn't get stuck in the camera.

Don't (almost) all camera manufacturers recommend removing the battery when not in use for just this reason?

Never had a third party one swell, but have had a Canon one do so.

I have been trying to buy one to keep in reserve for my Pen F. BLN-1 Unfortunatly i could not see this model listed on either the Xpro or neewer sites.
I also saw on another thread that Duracell may not work with the Oly Charger.Looks like its MPB. As im not a heavy user anyway.

I can't add much more than has already been said above.

I'm in the laptop battery business and you can get some real crap out there just like you can buy decent quality 3rd party batteries. I would expect the same for camera batteries.

The cheaper / no name brands tend to use cheaper Chinese cells which don't last.

Buy from a reputable brand and you should be find. Duracell are very popular and are what I use. Neewer is another that seem quite good and Hahnell seem quite popular too.

When I switched to Fuji in 2018, I bought a highly regarded third-party battery, to use alongside the original Fuji battery that came with my X-T2, alternating them - when one ran out I swapped the other in. I cannot say that they had exactly the same lifespan, but I did not prefer to use either battery.

For the first few years the battery performance was fine, and I was happily singing the praises of the third-party battery. Then it got to a point after 2 or 3 years, where it felt like the third-party battery was not lasting as long, so I investigated a bit more, and it was definitely not holding charge as well as the Fuji battery, and it was getting worse.

I have since replaced it with another Fuji battery, and I cannot tell any difference in performance between the one bought in 2018, or either of the Fuji batteries I bought in 2022. Personally, I will now pay the extra for the OEM batteries.

I’ve always bought 3rd party batteries for my Canon cameras for years,, never had an issue last ones I bought were DSTE , still using them

Back