Third party ef - rf lens adaptors.

Name
Dom
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, I’m about to buy a mirror less cannon R100 and want to be able to use my old ef-s lenses.

I know Canon do a lens adaptor, but seems they can’t keep up with demand. Does anyone have any experience with any third party manufacturers? They’re on Amazon ranging in price from £30-£90, but don’t want to ridk jt if they’re known to be rubbish, or could potentially damage my lenses.

Thanks

Hi all, I’m about to buy a mirror less cannon R100 and want to be able to use my old ef-s lenses.

I know Canon do a lens adaptor, but seems they can’t keep up with demand. Does anyone have any experience with any third party manufacturers? They’re on Amazon ranging in price from £30-£90, but don’t want to ridk jt if they’re known to be rubbish, or could potentially damage my lenses.

Thanks
I’ve not used a 3rd part rf adaptor, but when I had the M5 I used a 3rd party adaptor for that with no issues.
The adaptor isn’t complex. It has to be mechanically sound (ought to be straightforward) and contain the electric contacts.
I would definitely have bought one if the canon was unavailable at the time I bought my R6, in fact I’ve considered buying one with the control ring now I have more rf lenses so that I can set the control ring to do the same thing on all lenses, but as I’m happy with how I’m set up yo shoot, it feels like I’m adding a layer of unnecessary complexity.

I have an R7 and R5 I use the Canon adaptor, but I also purchased the Meike one with the control ring, it works as well as the OEM one.
Cost around £90.

The control ring gives another programmable option via the camera menu system, I have mine set for ISO.

Ok, so you turn it like to focus or zoom, and it changes whatever you want it to?

Yes thats pretty much how it works, you can set it up to do various things, Exposure compensation, ISO etc, just gives you another option.

This is a good write up on the control ring use

Back