THIS is how to load a Mini Trekker

:LOL: some weight in that bag.

Yes he's certainly a little heavy handed.

Let him use your new camera to try the same Bod..:LOL:

Ee-OW! I flinched as that 70-200 hit the table and rolled casually away from him!!

I find mine heavy enough with what I carry i it - I bet I couldn't even lift his! :LOL:

The forum I found this on, he got a less than nice response from some people about the way he treated the kit, so he signed up to put his side of the story forward.

And FWIW I would agree with him.

Basically his argument, is that he's a pro, it's pro kit, its made to take that sort of treatment, if not much harsher. It's stuff that is taken into warzones, so casually chucking it a few inches onto a table should be no problem.

Besides, we're, for all intents and purposes, amateurs, and our kit is paid for out of our own pocket, and becomes our hobby, and is thus cherished and really looked after. A pro is likely to think of it different, its kit to make money, not to be loved and polished, so to speak.... (I'm paraphrasing now).

I personally liken it to the rally driver who thrashes the car about the track, and the guy who restores classic cars and only takes it out on a sunday and never goes over 30...crying if a bird comes near....if that makes sense.

Still....it does seem wierd to see him treat the kit like that, cos it's something we'd never do with ours.

And how much can he fit in that bag?

I can see where he's coming from.
I treat my equipment with a bit more care but don't go over the top. It's not stored in a vacuumed case overnight etc :D

The problem with loading it that full is you'd need to get everything out to reach those spare batteries ;)

Wow - wouldn't like to have to lug it around with me with all that stuff in it!

wow thats lots of stuff, Hurley with a haircut isnt he?

I can't see it, got media player 9, do I need to d/l something else?

Quicktime - you can get it by d/loading iTunes

dod said:
I can't see it, got media player 9, do I need to d/l something else?

Both Media player 10 and 11 should play this dod.

Quick 5 minute download from Microsoft..:)

Some nice kit in that bag, ouch at the way he treats it, but I can see he point of view, its a tool rather then his prized possession.

busterboy said:
Both Media player 10 and 11 should play this dod.
Win 2k, so MP9 is as far as it goes according to MS :( Quicktime fixed it though.

To be honest I'm not seeing what the fuss is about, he hasn't actually dropped anything apart from a couple of batteries. Fair enough he hasn't put them down gently but if the equipment can't cope with that there's something far wrong.

:LOL: anyone shocked by the way he unloads the bag at home would probably keel over if they saw him trying to get to the bottom most lens in a hurry on location.

I'm as prone to overloading a bag as anyone but you can't beat a ProTrekker to cart all that kit and more just one item deep.

a theif would be able to buy a dam good car if he was steal that while he was out!

I have new respect for my mini treker!

edit:
I was about to shout at the screen on several times to say "watch out its gonna role off !!!"

I've just got one of these bags free with a subscription to Practical Photography mag (the subscription was £44) :)

...Damn sure I won't be throwing my gear into and out of it like that though, professional or not!! :bonk:

Just got myself a micro trekker 200 and it's a cracking bag, wouldn't treat my gear like that and it prob all worth less than one of those lenses, thing is if i break it i can't afford replacements so have to take more care, if i was in his job i prob wouldn't care as much

Just thought I'd chime in a little bit.

I treat my equipment better than most professionals. If you look at the sidelines or shooting areas of any sport, you'll see a lot of abused gear, but that is aesthetically abused. What matters most is that the AF and the glass is in tip top shape.

I made this video to show someone what their bag (also a minitrekker) could carry. I'm not reccomending anyone carry their bag with as much gear, but I do it all the time, and have yet to have any problems with my lenses, except for one lens that needed its AF fixed (400 2.8)..... after it was in a CAR ACCIDENT.

Seriously, the lenses are quality build and can withstand a lot. If a lens can't survive being in my bag, it certainly wouldn't survive the sports I cover (getting hit by a baseball, a linebacker in football, soccer players and soccer balls), etc etc).

Please, don't think less of me solely based on how I pack my bag. If you must have an opinion of me, feel free to check my work at

www.sportsshooter.com/pshizzy

or look for me on various forums. I'll be glad to answer any questions regarding photography, and I'm always trying to help.

Oh, and I plan on getting a larger bag. I'll make a video of that too.

=)

Thanks everyone,

Max

He must have someone else to tote that bag around.... he wouldn't have that paunch if he did it himself :)

HI Max / PShizzy, welcome to the forums.

I do, indeed, recognise your name (and work) from around the internet ;)

Thanks for coming across and 'chiming in' :)
For what its worth, I do agree with you. Like you said elsewhere, this is kit that's taken into Warzones, if it can't handle being casually 'dumped' onto a table, then something is quite wrong.

What I am more than impressed with though, is the Mary Poppins style of pulling all those bits of kit out of what I thought was quite a tiny bag :nuts:

Look forward to the updated video of the new bag (going to get the bus in there....maybe pull the Yankees out of the next one :D

I'm amazed that the outside compartment can hold all that without tearing. I'd hate to think of the pressure put on it as it could eventually go at any minute? Still, props to the guy if he can walk around with all that :D

Hi Max & welcome to the forums,
I was still a little undecided over whether to go for a mini-trekker but am definately ordering one now (better start saving the pennies for all of those lenses :LOL: ).
You've got some amazing images there mate, looking forward to your contributions to the forums.
Agree with Marcel about the durability of your kit & although I couldn't treat my lenses like that, I would have some difficulty replacing them if anything happened (well not my 75-300 admittedly :LOL: ).
Your images certainly don't seem to have suffered, very nicely done.

Back