This is interesting...

Ambermile

A Whole Lot of Sparkle..
Name
Arthur
Edit My Images
No
See that Yashica A TLR I bought to have a mess with? And remember Ian said he wanted the Copal shutter for one of his cameras? Also remember I said it had a Compur shutter?

Right. It *does* have a Compur shutter - working quite nicely thankyou. It also has a Triotar 75mm f/3.5 taking lens, an Heidescop Anastigmat 75mm f/3.2 viewing lens, and Franke & Heidecke written on the front of the lens assembly :eek:

I make that a Rolleicord Model IIc front end bolted on to a Yashica A rear... Now it's a fact that the early Yashica's whupped Rollei butt when it came to TLR's (not Rolleiflex included) for mechanics, while the Rolleis had the edge optically with the Zeiss triple element Triotar. Looks like someone at some point decided that there was a match made in heaven waiting to be made on Earth (clearly a man after my own heart) so made it happen

Cool!

One problem I *do* have is the lens cowling - both parts - is missing completely...

yashica-1.jpg

yashica-2.jpg

So if anyone out there has a spare Yashica TLR cowl I'd be real happy to talk to them - would be quite some shame to drop a digital into this body now I think!

I think your right Arthur, that should have yashikors and a copal shutter.
The downside is your going to need the Rolleicord surround as they're cut to fit the shutter assy and lenses thats fitted to each model.
I know the one on the yashica's I have is different and parts of it fit around specific parts such as cocking levers etc.

Thinking about it, you could probably knock one up out of plasti-card from a model shop

Last edited:
Probably - looks like I will be needing a Yashica rear cowl and a Rollei front one, but I daresay given a Yashica front one I could make it fit easier than I could make a new one.

Back