THIS KIT ANY GOOD

Name
SAM MOLYNEUX
Edit My Images
Yes
It's excellent - but I think you might want to make sure that it's the right kit for you...

At 1500J between 2 heads it probably has more power than you need (unless you're doing whole body shots in a studio, in which it has nowhere enough power for your needs) so you might like to consider something very similar, with about half the power and far more flashes per charge, at a lower cost.

But if you can manage with just mains power then you'll find mains powered units much cheaper, more versatile and they don't run out of battery...

Both of these battery powered generators take the same bowens fit accessories, which is vitally important.

If you can give more details of the type of shots you want to take you might get better answers BTW

These are great heads Sam and quality products.

They are also powerful and will certainly fulfill your needs in terms of portraits...depends on space in terms of power. You'll find yourself closing down the aperture and minimum power on the lights.

I think it's around 200 shots with the travel kit (never needed to use one...just a few extension leads linked if necessary).

I disagree with Garry about it having sufficient power for full body shots as I have used a single 500 head with softbox in the past for full body shots. If you want to be a little more creative and need to light the backdrop too then you can always upgrade in the future or go for a 3 head option.

Good luck with your decision.

hi cheer's for reply. soon i am looking to convert my shed it's 10'x12' i think or similar in size. i thought i might be able to do some portrait shot's inside it. paint the inside matt black try and do it properly.my only problem is i dont no if that would really be large enough to get full body shot's in.

also i enjoy taking shot's of car's day or night im looking to get some light's i can transport about.
im looking for a good set that can work in both areas properly with out blowing every time. cheers i really dont no alot about these things i thought it was good that the bowens you could use ob the battery or 240v witch i gues you can do with the brand youve shown me i will have a look

By 'full body shots' I meant full body shots of cars in a studio environment - which means an overhead softbox measuring at least 40' x 20' and a lot of effect lights. The last studio I did this in had 48,000 J of lighting...

For full body shots of people, 600 J is plenty, most of the time.

Back