This old house series 56k

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
The daytime shots are from my third attempt at this, with the sunset being my fourth....one day I'll get it right.

200fm.jpg

217ty.jpg

221nn.jpg

242vu.jpg

250ai.jpg

277hl.jpg

284gc.jpg

295sz.jpg

Any thoughts on getting a better shot of this greatly appreciated.
Ken.

I see why you're stugging with this place Ken. I agree that all these just miss the mark somewhere and I bet it's one of those places that you can smell the shot there but not quite get it.

They are all lovley images but I know you're looking for "the one" and it's not there is it. :(

The 2nd to last shot has lovely framing and timing but I don't really like that dark cloud. It has a very opressive effect on the old house. Perhaps becuase it looks like a giant rat to me. Yeah I know:wacky:

What does it look like at dawn?

Is there a partof the day where the sun falls on the end rather than the front?

they look stunning! what did you do in the time you waited for the sun to set?;) :LOL:

nice set of photos ken, although i find the red roof in 1 and 2 to be a bit oversaturated, well on my monitor anyway.

6 is the best of the bunch for me I think, with a hint of 7 or 8.

I can feel your frustration about something not being quite 'right', although Im not sure what.

If you go back I wonder what it would look like with just the left building (on the right third), and the tree, on the left third (or both thereabouts), cutting off the right building.

I hope you don't mind but here's a very very quick butchering, to show you what I mean (Link instead of inline image, with it being a hatchet job to show you the composition).
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/710/221nn1ao.jpg
Obviously doing it at sunset would skewiff the idea, so it would have to be a sunrise or daytime shot. But I hope you get the jist of what Im trying to say.

(No doubt you'll inform me there's a motorway just offshot to the left, which makes my idea impossible...lol)

HTH.

Some excellent shots, amazing skies you have managed - especially in #6, also really like the effect of the real stonework, gives the images that extra edge.

Thanks for sharing(y)

No 6 without the pole, the colour of 7

Back