this or That

Probably 1, 2 looks a lot more complicated to me... and more expensive at a guess.

I'd find out which one is likely to be supported for spares and repairs in future, although that's still guesswork nowadays.

Neither.

I'll stick to stand development (not that I've developed a film for more than a year, anyway).

I don't think either are likely to succeed commercially at the given prices since they are not designed for commercial use in labs, and amateurs will not pay £4k/$5.9k

I don't think either are likely to succeed commercially at the given prices since they are not designed for commercial use in labs, and amateurs will not pay £4k/$5.9k

Option 2 is definitely designed for commercial use; lots of commercial labs are using knackered old Jobo processors.

Remind me of the price of a New Leica M6 TTL?

I'd go with the Deva, hands down. The automatic emptying and cleaning makes if a doddle to use if you have the water supply on hand. I've looked at both, seen the videos and have been seriously tempted by the Deva, It might be expensive, but it's only a couple (or less) 5x7 cameras and much less than some 10x8 cameras. I've spent half (or thereabouts) on a single camera, and as to the total expenditure on lenses...

Edit to add:

If I used colour, I would be much more interested. I admit that standing around for 16 minutes, inverting a tank after each minute for the first three then at three minute intervals is rather boring, and I'd prefer to let a machine handle it; but I can cope since there are relatively few chemicals and a manageable temperature to maintain with black and white.

Last edited:
Back