This time Sensia & something new

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Tried out this new (to me!) technique of merging 2 images, one standard, the other completely out of focus. Here I used Sensia film, of blue bells at Garston Wood. Similar to the orton effect, although I did not over expose the two shots.

I have just got round to scanning & post image processing the shots. Let me know what you think

Blur_merge_20110418017.jpg

Blur_merge_20110418024.jpg

Blur_merge_20110418027.jpg

Blur_merge_20110418022.jpg

Thanks for looking

Do you have the original subs? Interesting effect but i think i'd prefer if it was simply 'in focus'.

I think I get it; I think the original shot is good & I like the effect you've created on the other examples (3 & 4 in particular). Thanks for sharing this

I'm confused. Originally, I thought that you'd actually taken a double exposure. Then It seems you've taken in and out of focus shots and combined digitally? Or have you taken the original shot, then digitally blurred a copy and combined the original and a blur layer.

It's all too much for me to cope with - I'm off to the pub :beer:

Hope you enjoyed the pint :D

Both shot at same exposure, with 1 totally out of focus. Loaded both images to CS5 as layers, and then changed the opacity & fill on the out of focus layer before flattening. Opacity about 60% fill 40%.

My web site is down at the moment but once back up and running will post 2 originals.

Back