This Was My First Ever Portrait...but

Edit My Images
Yes
Urgh, I had to work so hard to salvage something. I had terrible issues printing it at the time, but I wasn't willing to just let it go because this child had such a super face.

Done on film, obviously, and was literally right after I first started using an slr. But yeah, I thought it was worth showing even if I failed to get catchlights.

Any ideas on how I might clean it up?

fisherboysmall2.jpg

Thanks, yeah the noise is the issue.
I was a total novice to a point I had not read anything at all on photography.
I got given the practica, stuck some film in and did what I could with a few very basic hints from my ex.
I have tried to clean it up, but not so easy with photos that have been scanned in off the print.

Thanks, yeah the noise is the issue.
I was a total novice to a point I had not read anything at all on photography.
I got given the practica, stuck some film in and did what I could with a few very basic hints from my ex.
I have tried to clean it up, but not so easy with photos that have been scanned in off the print.

Don't clean it up! without the noise this picture wouldn't work as well as it does. Its a good picture! (y)
Only distracting part is the small white mark on the right in the hair line.

Very nice - I like the noise! I have a portrait of my youngest son when he was 6 (19 now) and it has similar properties. IMO it adds character to the image.

Thankyou, I honestly thought it was terrible because of the noise issues. Relieved it was worth keeping. :)

I love grainy film pics! If anything is wrong with it its the lack of catchlights otherwise it has a great feel to it :D

Back