This weekend where you at 28/08/10

I think I only really got 1 useable shot out of the 2nd half. The Newcastle fans were lit better than the goal we were sat at.

i was on the otherside of the newcastle goal 2nd half and got a great shot of the peter lovenkrand goal, just cutting the ball of image :bang: noticed another version of that goal in the papers today

I take it you two left the ground before the trouble started on the accrington end... Only me and the young lady (whoever she was working for) seemed to grab it all.. Police with batons out.. firt ever arrests at a stanley agm,e.... all went downhill :(

I take it you two left the ground before the trouble started on the accrington end... Only me and the young lady (whoever she was working for) seemed to grab it all.. Police with batons out.. firt ever arrests at a stanley agm,e.... all went downhill :(

i thort something was going to happen after the 3rd newcastle goal and fans ran on the pitch, so decided to make a sharp exit, about 10 mins from time, so missed the final goal, would have loved to photograph some after match action :bat:

i thort something was going to happen after the 3rd newcastle goal and fans ran on the pitch, so decided to make a sharp exit, about 10 mins from time, so missed the final goal, would have loved to photograph some after match action :bat:

Trouble was on the home end not the newcastle end.. and mostly caused by over zelous stewards and police... You saw the stanley fans.. after every home game.. every season.. they stay behind and sing until ground empties and players come out for warm down... then they ahve the palce free to gather up the many flags etc...
Unfortunatly police who havent been before.. blackburn stewards drafted in... dont know the score and try to get them off the ground.... tsk

they arrested one fan for throwing streamers.... 300 where thrown... so other fans where a bit outraged he was being arrested and went to his aid.. that sparked off most of the arrests..

So nobody working bank holiday monday.. My weekend sat/sun/mon has finally been sorted

sat cricket, fa cup football, blues festival
sun 2 cricket matches
mon gravy wrestling then non league footy

a guaranteed 3 maybe 4 pics towards my licence.. making it 5 in less than 2 weeks.. well on my way :) plus a new sport to add to my list :)

My thoughts are with you and your family Ste, i know you've had massive struggles. Good luck.

Wow...completely missed that until Gary and Andy put their messages up. All my thoughts are with you and your family, and particularly your little girl! Best of luck with everything, and hope it all goes well.

like everyone else.. hope all goes well over the weekend ste...

Asterix, I don't know you, but I've got kids (and a grandkid) so best wishes from me too.

Thoughts with you and the family Ste, hope everything goes well

Cheers all, Surgery went well, 3 hours longer than they said (5 hours in total) and they are pleased with her, Although sedated on Intensive Care she looks and seems to be doing well. Appreciate the kind words. Boy today was hard. This was her 33rd op and I used to be toughned to theatre trips. 1st one in 4 years though and I did struggle today. I know were all biased but cant resist a little plug of my angel, Here she is few years back on the BBC news after recieving a bravery award from HRH Prince Harry.... http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_7050000/newsid_7059000/7059062.stm?bw=bb&mp=wm&news=1 It was the day England returned home from last? world cup, He was really gutted but had a good chat with him about the rugby, Seemed decent enough. In fact I wouldnt mind going for a pint with party biy Harry :LOL:

Good to hear the surgery went well asterix.

For me it's....
Sat - FA Cup game.
Sun - Day Off.
Mon - EVO-STIK league game.

Aye well, some of us have day jobs, and it's not a holiday monday here....
:(

So yes you are working monday :) and "here" doesnt mean much when your location is "Gateway to the Campsies"

Last edited:
Probably Scotland ;) Take that devolution.. :p

It's worse than that. Because I'm in Scotland I don't get to take English holidays, and because I work for an English company I don't get to take Scottish holidays....
Is it a wonder I spend so much time sitting at my desk thinking about sports photography?

Had a very long day today... Went to cricket at 12.15 and gave up after an hr as kept raining and no play... Then off to Bacup v Clitheroe for FA Cup and the underdogs won... got soaking wet.... Change of clothes that I had in car just in case... posh shoes on and off to colne for Blues festival.... back home for 11pm ish.. Got to have blues pics to paper by 11am and footy pics by 12 noon...so an hr or so sorting pics now.. two cricket matches if rain stays off tommorow (sun)...

I was watching the game at the Reebok today the 3 or 4 togs shooting from the north east corner of the ground, just in front of the 2 guys with drums. Do you wear ear plugs? they would do my head in sat in front of them for 2 lots of 45 minutes.

I was watching the game at the Reebok today the 3 or 4 togs shooting from the north east corner of the ground, just in front of the 2 guys with drums. Do you wear ear plugs? they would do my head in sat in front of them for 2 lots of 45 minutes.

the worst is were you hear the same chants over and over again, slightly customised for each team. well annoying :wacky:

Back