Thornwick bay long exposure

Edit My Images
Yes

Thornwick Bay, East Yorkshire. 10 second exposure in infrared. I need to get me one of those 10-stop NDs.

C&C please

I think the shot suffers due to what I think is a fishing rod?

Otherwise, a bit more contrast and I think it would be great.

Gary.

Is that a rainbow coming in from the right hand side? (top corner)

How is that fishing rod looking sort of thing stuck right out in the middle?

Last edited:
I love that shot. It all works really well for me.... the shape of the white water echoing the shape of the rock, the way all the different textures seem connected and the fishing rod. I really like the way that the rod stands out so starkly but it's only when you look a little closer that you realise you can see the fisherman also.

Lovely image and well crafted too. (y)

Thanks for the feedback! I was in two minds about the rod from the start. I have another version with the fisherman as clear as day. Unfortunately the waves aren't anywhere near as interesting. If the waves were the same as in the first picture (and if I'd remembered to straighten the horizon), would you say the man adds or detracts from this?

This is 13 seconds, and the bloke is sharp as anything... Says a lot about the activity level involved in fishing eh?

oh and the 'rainbow' is actually a flaw in my filter... It's getting replaced when my shop have more in stock.

Last edited:
Back