Thoughts on this laptop please?

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
Yes

I'm looking at replacing my ancient desktop pc with a laptop. This one will be £500 from Monday. Any thoughts on how it will perform for general office work and for lightroom?

Also, I use two monitors. Is there a way to connect up two external monitors to this? Both current monitors have hdmi and d-sub (?) inputs.

Thanks as always :)

Should have said that I can easily upgrade RAM - a couple of 16gb modules can slot in.

Regarding the use of dual external monitors - you can easily get a generic USB-C dock from Amazon, the one I have for my laptop has Rj45 (for gigabit ethernet), 2x HDMI, VGA, 5xUSB - the caveat is that you need the right USB-C port on your laptop - It's not clear which generation of USB-C is on this laptop, bu the USB-A ports are listed as 3.2 Gen 1, so it's likely that the USB-C port will be as well, meaning it woudl work with the generic docs - but you can't be 100% sure without seeing the full specification.

AFAIK this is an older design, hence the low cost, though still potentially capable for the money. As a portable computer it will be heavy with short battery life. If you plan to edit on the laptop then make sure the screen is IPS and has a reasonable colour gamut - cheaper Lenovo screens don't have a great reputation for colour quality or brightness. IIRC the separate graphics card is a 1060 so not bad but not good either. There's likely also space inside the case for a second SATA SSD, which is great.

My issues with this are that it's probably not a good machine to edit on without an external screen and a lack of portability is a drag. Otherwise not a bad deal.

If you need a lighter laptop for occaisional photo editing then this might be less clunky:

Or this

Thanks for those replies - seems it's end of life technology and given its weight, probably not what I need at the moment.

Back