Thoughts on this Wren please.

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
Took this pic a couple of days ago in really overcast spitting with rain and late afternoon, when I loaded it onto the PC I almost dumped the original image it was so dark. Later I had a little play in photoshop and now quite like it, in fact it's probably my best wren pic up to date.

I usually aim for light bright sharp images [don't get many:(] so this is a little different, thoughts welcome and thanks for looking:D

Wren155b.jpg

P.S. still have original if you can suggest a better crop or other ways of improving;)

Wrens are one of the most frustrating and difficult birds to photograph - I never tire of them, but success rate is never high, their tiny size and manic (always in turbo) metabollic rate makes them a real challenge.

It's a shame the branch is in the way, but tht's the way the cookie crumbles sometomes. :shrug: It's a tad dark and personally I'd just lighten it little - I don't think you have sufficient detail in the bird for cropping any tighter, but you should keep it and give yourself a pat on the back for getting anything at all.

4216055984_c397a81590_o.jpg

You did well to catch him still, but unfortunate about that twig in front of him - maybe next time you will have a better opportunity.

Hi CT

I have loads of Wren pic's where they appear as little dot's, this is the closest I've got to one being in front of me and posing albeit very briefly. They do like to fidget:LOL:

I like your lighter version:clap: didn't help as the Wren had just taken a bath so being wet looked darker anyway.

For both CT and erding.

That twig in front of him was actually his perch, he's side on to it;) no twig no Wren pic:LOL:

Wanted to get out again today but it's so overcast and been raining on/off most of the day:( maybe tomorrow;)

Cheers guys

Brian.

I like it,and as you mention it's a tricky little bird bird to capture,so you did well :clap:
Think I only have one decent Wren shot to my name,and always on the look out...
Clive.

Thanks Clive, will definitely being trying to improve my Wren shots but for now, this is my best :)

A good effort Brian of one that I would still like to get a decent shot of myself :( As mentioned they are flighty little beggers :D Had a little play with the image just to see what it would turn out like, not sure what you think yourself :shrug:

wren2.jpg

:eek: That's brilliant:clap: wish I'd taken the shot like that, amazing.

On my "Help please" thread I moved the reed from in front of the birds beak to behind, that was only a small change and doesn't look as good as what you've achieved here, really well done.

Thought the camera never lies:LOL:

Good original shot and the two edits have really shown what can be achieved. :clap:

Thanks guys and the edits do really improve the shot, instead of improving my photography skills it looks like I only have to improve my photoshop:LOL:

Back