Critique Three amigos!

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are some more collembola I found recently:

This one was found on a particularly cold day in the valley. Single image, 7X Magnification, slight crop:
Ceratophysella sp. by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

This was from the same trip to the valley, 4 images much lower magnification:
Tomocerus minor by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

And this was from my back garden. 8 images at 8.6X manification (really pleased to find this one, it was tiny and a new species for me and my garden):
Sminthurinus niger by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

I was lucky to be able to stack this one. Although it stayed in the same spot (it was stuck on a spider's web) it was thrashing about quite a lot:
16271643050_d23d940227_o.gif

Eventually I prodded it with a small piece of grass to help it get free.

Last edited:
Amazing Gif :clap:

New species for you awesome. Nice capture not so nice of you to put it in a Spiders Web.

Gif is great were they all the stack shots Put together?

Shame t minor had its head down.

Three really nice images Timmy, with some good composition and detail.(y)

As for the Gif, I saw it on flickr and thought that's "Brilliant", but don't even think about getting me started on that as well, at least not just yet. I've got more than enough on my plate at the moment to contend with.;);)

George.

How cool is that gif! Haha!! Nice set, what are you using to stack?
Thanks mate. I use zerene stacker to process (I rely on the retouching tool it offers).

Amazing Gif :clap:
Thanks John

New species for you awesome. Nice capture not so nice of you to put it in a Spiders Web.

Gif is great were they all the stack shots Put together?

Shame t minor had its head down.
Cheers Bryn, sorry read back what I had written and it may have been misleading. The previous image is a stack, the gif was just made from the different frames I captured whilst it was thrashing about , so only single shots. And it ran into the spider's web all by itself! Honest ;)

Yeah they always have their heads down. I was just happy to find one that kept still...

Three really nice images Timmy, with some good composition and detail.(y)

As for the Gif, I saw it on flickr and thought that's "Brilliant", but don't even think about getting me started on that as well, at least not just yet. I've got more than enough on my plate at the moment to contend with.;);)

George.
Thanks George. The gif was easy enough to do, I just followed this guide:
http://www.briandalessandro.com/blog/create-an-animated-gif-in-photoshop-cs5/
The most difficult bit was doing the dust removal from all the frames!

Some nice images here Tim, with that bonus Gif adding to it.

Top draw material!, these Tim.

Love the gif, neat dude.

Paul.
Thanks guys!

Cracking shots (y) but feeling quite sorry for the poor fella in the giff as he tries to pull away from the web. especially when he looks down at his leg.....blimey I must be getting emotional....:)

Clive.

Great stuff

Amazing work Tim my favourite is the first one but all are excellent

Back