Three Cliffs Bay

Name
Gerald Davies
Edit My Images
Yes
A few shots from my visit to Three Cliffs Bay on the Gower this afternoon. Absolutely stunning place to visit and because it's a little awkward to get to is fairly quite even in mid summer.

Thanks to dlh for the speedy delivery of the polarizer as its in great condition. First time I've used a polarizer and won't be leaving home without it in the future.

three_cliffs_2.jpg

three_cliffs_3.jpg

three_cliffs.jpg

C&C Welcome

those are all very good
memo to self - get a polarizer!
I think I like #1 best
why did that one not rate a border?

why did that one not rate a
border?

Cheers mcp42 for your comments. The reason the 1st image does not have a border 1st hat every so often photoshop will not allow me to add a canvas extension colour when increasing the size of the canvas to add the frame and I'm to lazy to do it manually.

Will look into this over the next day or 2 to try and resolve.

Very nice shots, looks a lovely place. Is this the place that Katherine Jenkins was supporting on a TV show a few weeks back, as the best place in Britian to visit.

Beautiful shots of a beautiful place - I love 3 cliffs, and as you said, the fact it is hard to find makes it nice and quiet! Much more photogenic than any of the other beaches around there as well!

Looks like a lovely place. Where on the Gower is it exactly?

Its a little bit before Oxwich Bay - its quite hard to find though. If you search for 'Three Cliffs' on maps.google.co.uk you will find it - we used to park just after where the map shows, on the main road there was a car park on the left hand side. Its quite a hike from there though!

great images, #1 is the best for me. Not your run-of-the-mill beach thats for sure, very interesting and great colours. (y)

Would love to get shots of this at 10mm! (shame its a bit far for me though!)

Looks like a lovely place. Where on the Gower is it exactly?

Gandhi, once on the Gower follow the A4118 until you get to a place called Penmean, theres a small car park on the left hand site of the road. Park up there, and follow the path to the beach. Be careful on the decent as it can be a little tricky in places.

The walk down will take about 10 to 15 minutes, enjoy the walk back :naughty:

Lammie, you are correct it is the place that Kartherine Jenkins voted for.

Spencer, I've heard the Oxwich Bay hotel is good, although never stayed there myself, theres some cracking views over the bay from the hotel, and at low tide you can walk up to three cliffs bay, although it is about 2 miles.

Antihero, as its to far for you to come down with your 10mm lens, post the lens to me and I'll let you know what the results are. :naughty: You are right a 10mm lens should give even better results.

Thanks all for your comments

Thankyou very much for the wealth of information guys!

I may wander over there at the weekend if the weather is looking ok ish.

Not too bothered by the walk back. It's gonna be nothing compared to the hike back to the road from durdle door when the car parks full. Hoodi, mini and adam should be able to confirm that one!

Beautiful. Gower is a gorgeous place and these photos really do it justice. Thanks for sharing.

Beautiful set (y)

What a superb place and you've captured it all really well, the lighting and colour saturation make it look really appealing :clap:

A lovely set of images. They look almost tropical and carribeanish :)

The polariser really does help doesnt it? One of my favourite purchases when I'm doing landscapes.

We went there just for a weekend's camping earlier this year. I'll be going again.

Oh and Oxwich bay is stunning
81969307.jpg

This was 6am
81969439.jpg

81969445.jpg

and if you wander right down to the sea there's a cave right through the headland
81969451.jpg

Back