Three pictures from my 2019 trip to Eurpoe

D

darkroom12

All were taken on Fuji 200 colour neg film, home developed and scanned on a Nikon Coolscan 5. Camera was a Nikon F6 and my 28/105 lens

No1. Was in the Risstal meaning Riss Valley(pronounced Reestal, east of the resort of Garmisch Partenkirchen in Bavaria. I found this delightful place by missing my turn 'cos the foliage had grown over the road sign. You start off in German, enter Austria and finish up again in Germany. The mountains in the distance are again in Austria.

No2. This the Reichenbach falls in Switzerland with the last of the winter snow melt. 90 metres sheer drop! Those who have read Sherlock Holmes books will know that these are the falls in the book where Holmes has a fight to the death with Moriarty. The nearby village of Meiringen actually has a sign in a square in the village marked 'Bakers Street W' in the same design and colours used in London and has a Sherlock Holmes museum as well. Although what exhibits they have for what was a fictitious character remains to be seen.

No3. Is from the bedroom in my overnight b&b in a village called Stechelberg a few miles up the Lauterbrunnen valley from the ski resort of Grindelwald

Attachments

• Risstal, Germany.jpg
    Risstal, Germany.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Reichenbach Falls, Switzerland.jpg
    Reichenbach Falls, Switzerland.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Sunset over Gridelwald.jpg
    Sunset over Gridelwald.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited by a moderator:
You can edit the title.
Why don't you post full size images rather than thumbnails?
Number tree is my favourite.... ;)

You can edit the title.
Why don't you post full size images rather than thumbnails?
Number tree is my favourite.... ;)

You can always click on the thumb nail to get the full size. The reason I do it that way is they were uploaded from my laptop and uploading a full size makes the screen (to me ) seem crowded. The water with the reflection is so clear you cannot gauge the depth but it was at least 4 feet deep!

Can you advise how to change the title please, any other forum that I use that can only done by the Admin

I have just printed No's 1 and 2 in my darkroom tonight to hang somewhere in the house.

Can you advise how to change the title please, any other forum that I use that can only done by the Admin
At the top of the thread there's a drop down box with 3 dots in it, and one of the drop down options is "edit thread"
Which allows you to edit the title.

I know that the thumbnails open up when clicked, but a lot of members don't bother and just move on when they see thumbnails....

At the top of the thread there's a drop down box with 3 dots in it, and one of the drop down options is "edit thread"
Which allows you to edit the title.

Well I never - all done, thanks. Point taken about thumbnails as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back