Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
How many can show their age then ?

This was at Holker Hall in Cumbria a few weeks back

3507808219_547361e0a7_o.jpg

3508619760_aa31af54f5_o.jpg

3508619354_c1c07c3829_o.jpg

I remember them well ! My neighbour had one of those and remember him opening the bonnet and using the kick start to get the engine running when he had a flat battery.

Could have been a Villiers 250cc two stroke engine.

All this nostalgia from forty years ago when I was a young lad !

Fine pics BTW.

I remember them well ! My neighbour had one of those and remember him opening the bonnet and using the kick start to get the engine running when he had a flat battery.

Fine pics BTW.

Was it a villiers? I had a kick start villiers lawnmower.

Fine pics BTW.

originally, none of these had a starter motor, they ALL had to be started by opening the bonnet, putting your foot in, and using the kickstart! my mate who had one left it on a hill so he could just push start it! You could also lift the back and turn it around as they didn't have reverse either!

Cheers for the comments guys...

My dad used to have one, not sure what model it was but it had a Villiers 250 twin mounted on the front wheel.
There was no actual reverse gear but it had a 'Dyna-Start' which just started the engine the other way.... :eek:

What that did to the engine bearings i dread to think.... But you could drive them on a motorbike license

And yes, they did push it out of the parking spot

3704227182_9a42a73414_o.jpg

Back