Through The Windshield

Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
Yes
I took this image a while ago with the tripod wedged on the back seat, the image would be far better if I could secure the mount in a more robust way, any thoughts on securing the mount will be well received.

audi-drive-2.jpg

Nice one! I had a go at this last year, it's a laugh to have to add mph to the exif :LOL:

I think it looks great also, its a great effect, I may have a go myself sometime.

Matt

You could have let go of the wheel so your arm wasn't in the shot :eek: lol

I've done similar, i ratchet strapped the tripod down using the rear seat mounts, it didn't make much of a difference though as it increased vibration.

Could be sharper but I don't think it's too bad. Some of the loss of detail around the controls looks to be overexposure where the buttons all contain little lights.

So many variables to consider but if you can shoot at a time and location where the inside of the car stays pretty dark it gives you the option of freezing the movement inside the car with a burst of flash. Should work well bouncing off your pale roof lining.

If I'm shooting inside the car it'll be with a tripod, I can't imagine anything within my budget giving a better result.

I really like it and think you have done very well. I may even have a go at this myself.

Did you have to do much pp to this?

Could be sharper but I don't think it's too bad. Some of the loss of detail around the controls looks to be overexposure where the buttons all contain little lights.

So many variables to consider but if you can shoot at a time and location where the inside of the car stays pretty dark it gives you the option of freezing the movement inside the car with a burst of flash. Should work well bouncing off your pale roof lining.

If I'm shooting inside the car it'll be with a tripod, I can't imagine anything within my budget giving a better result.

Thanks Andy, it was my first attempt at this so you learn from your mistakes and take on board useful advice from the comments made to improve the next image,I do enjoy the challenge for some think a little different, when it comes right its even more rewarding.

Cheers.

get a bit of 2 by 4 about 6ft long - drill a hole in the middle and thread a tripod bold through it (or a normal bolt of the same pitch)

Then fit the camera to the wood with the bolt and secure the wood by trapping it in both rear windows (you'll need to put the wood in with the camera upside down to get a decent view)

simples

get a bit of 2 by 4 about 6ft long - drill a hole in the middle and thread a tripod bold through it (or a normal bolt of the same pitch)

Then fit the camera to the wood with the bolt and secure the wood by trapping it in both rear windows (you'll need to put the wood in with the camera upside down to get a decent view)

simples

Sound advice Pete, shall look in the shed for some old timber, lets hope I don’t accidentally hit the rear window switch once on the move (y)

Lol m- that would be unfortunate - my rear windows are manual (maybe stick some duck tape over the switch ;))

Back