Thrush n' Jackdaw

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Sounds like either a pub or a condition... Anyway, a couple of non-barn owl shots from recent weeks.

This is a jackdaw which was eyeing up the peanut feeders nearby, working out how to get at the food contained within.

4475926752_0e4e81458d_o.jpg

Taken from the hide at Ladywalk NR, 50D @700mm on a beanbag.

And when the waxwings were trying to make a meal of the berries, the local mistle thrushes tried to keep them at bay. I thought it would be a shame not to take advantage of them posing in the tree as well.

4475150201_7816ac4ffc_o.jpg

Again using a Canon 50D, @700mm this time on a tripod. Neither were in particularly good light!

Beautiful captures Pete :clap::clap: Very pleasing to the eye on both counts, no fave for me :)

Great captures Pete with lovely bokeh. No 1 my favourite, well done.

Both are stunning. As much as I love jackdaws and corvids in general, I think I prefer number 2. There is a thrush which started visiting our garden during the snow earlier this year and it's absolutely beautiful, but just sooo shy and timid.

First class shots if i had to choose it would be the thrush but the jackdaw is pretty damn good too!

I like the Thrush. Classic pose with lovely bokeh. 700mm? What lens are you using with the 50D?

Martin :)

Two excellent shots, good poses and nice BG, no favourite from me, I like them both (y)

Both good, Jackdaw is my pick of the 2.

Cracking shots Pete. The jackdaw is my fav, really like the light and colouring in that one.

Couple of really nice shots.
Really like the Jackdaw...Not an easy bird to expose correctly and you've got it spot on, showing the blue eye very nicely.

Anthony

Back