Tideswell Church Interiors

Lovely - #2 just missing a bride and groom facing each other halfway up the aisle lent against the end of the pews!

Beautiful church and very well shot prefer the first one with the light patterns on the floor but both are good.

Steve

A nice looking church. I prefer No1. What lens were you using?

Very nice shots I like them.

Lovely church interior with both shots very well exposed, as mentioned above I especially like in the first shot the dappled light on the floor coming in from the windows.

On a very minor point there is to me, a slight alignment issue? - horizontal is sloping ever so slightly down to the right and the vertical perspective seems slightly skewed - viz:
- the top left hand corner in the first shot the vertical is sloping slightly more to the left.
- in the second the centre vertical appears converging on the left.
- Have you tweaked the perspective of both? Or did I have too much to drink last night? :LOL:

Thanks for sharing(y)

Thanks for the comments everyone and apologies for not replying straight away. To answer the questions asked.....

A nice looking church. I prefer No1. What lens were you using?
It was a Nikon 17-55mm f2.8 on the front of a D7000. A cracking lens that I would definitely recommend although the next answer is related

Lovely church interior with both shots very well exposed, as mentioned above I especially like in the first shot the dappled light on the floor coming in from the windows.

On a very minor point there is to me, a slight alignment issue? - horizontal is sloping ever so slightly down to the right and the vertical perspective seems slightly skewed - viz:
- the top left hand corner in the first shot the vertical is sloping slightly more to the left.
- in the second the centre vertical appears converging on the left.
- Have you tweaked the perspective of both? Or did I have too much to drink last night? :LOL:

Thanks for sharing(y)
Oh to have a tilt and shift lens as this is the type of subject they are built for.

I wanted to keep the lens as parallel to the floor as possible for both these shots. However in order to capture some of the wooden ceiling this wasn't possible so I ended up trying to alter the perspective in pp which I felt I couldn't quite get to be exact. I'm wondering if a bit of barrel distortion came in to play with this as well.

Thanks for commenting and I hope you enjoyed your drink :LOL:

Lovely captures, but a bit of distortion to correct? First one is making me a bit dizzy for some reason, second the pilars need bringing in...

Back