Critique Tightrope Bee

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Christ Graham, you've actually manged to get something in focus:D

The Bee and the first Weevil are particularly good in respect of the composition, focus, dof and sharpness.;)

Christ Graham, you've actually manged to get something in focus:D

The Bee and the first Weevil are particularly good in respect of the composition, focus, dof and sharpness.;)
Kin ell, that's 2 in a month and this time its comp,sharpness, dof and focus.
Cheers again Brian, I can only thank my tokina in getting more of what I want.

Last edited:
Kin ell, that's 2 in a month and this time its comp,sharpness, dof and focus.
Cheers again Brian, I can only thank my tokina in getting more of what I want.

Well, I'd have to say the equipment is only as good as the user. You can have the best around but if you can't use it properly then you ain't gonna get the results.

Just a wee tip tho, when you get pictures the quality of the two I mentioned, post only them. Be more selective and post only the very best. Take the second Weevil for example, you've clearly missed the focus on the eye and this distracts from the set as a whole.

Now you have shown you can nail it, continue to post shots of this quality and forget the also rans. I know it's tempting to post a lot of stuff but don't let the poorer quality stuff take the attention away from the really good stuff.

Keep it up me ole china there is a marked improvement in some of your stuff. The hard work, listening to advice and your application is starting to pay off.

Some nice shots there Graham.(y)

George.

I agree with Brash and I am a definite advocate of self editing. I chuck away hundreds of shots from a good macro session and lucky if I get a handful of keepers.

You've got some really nice ones here so you can afford to be selective, although you can still get away with the sub-par stuff if you captured interesting species (such as that wasp) or behaviour.

Love your butterfly shots and, of course, that jumper :)

I agree with Brash and I am a definite advocate of self editing. I chuck away hundreds of shots from a good macro session and lucky if I get a handful of keepers.

You've got some really nice ones here so you can afford to be selective, although you can still get away with the sub-par stuff if you captured interesting species (such as that wasp) or behaviour.

Love your butterfly shots and, of course, that jumper :)
Thanks Tim, Its always nice and encouraging to get comments like this, Composition I can get, dof I can get but focus and sharpness is more luck with me and my eyes lol, anyway its something I will think about more often now. (y)

Back