time clock

Edit My Images
Yes
IMG_2554.jpg

This image is all about having a little bit of fun with various techniques and tools to make an image

Sorry but I can't quite work out what's going on in it. :shrug:
Can you talk us through what you've done to create it please?

not 100% sure about this one, tbh - I can see that there's some "liquify" or "distort" action going on in there - but I really can't actually see what the distortion brings to the party - would it be possible to show the original - pre-distortion - version - just to see where the creative process has taken the image ?

This image is all about having a little bit of fun with various techniques and tools to make an image

Well that is an interesting response, I don't quite understand why you have responded in the way that you have :shrug: I see that we have a word for word correlation between posts in this thread and post in this recent one of mine, no I don't mind C&C on my images but why are you seemingly being a little childish over the critique that you've received :thinking:

If you don't like what I've put in your thread in my first post then please feel free to RTM my post, I have no issue with a moderator checking my post (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Whoa there friend, little prickly there arnt we
Its an image that has been created does it really have to be explained what it is about
First reaction is like dislike
I tested your responce to one of your images, the answer you gave is excellent so I used it to answer your question
You left no critique to be childish about oof, colour clash, dof composition etc is critique "what is the idea behind it" is a question and a question that I had trouble answering but yours answer was perfect Its a bit of fun
If you looked at a salvor dali painting do you really want to know what is his idea or do you just like/dislike the image I am sure he just painted it because he wanted to
Thank you for your answer it helped me no end

Last edited:
Well that is and interesting response, I don't quite understand why you have responded in the way that you have :shrug: I see that we have a word for word correlation between posts in this thread and post in this recent one of mine, no I don't mind C&C on my images but why are you seemingly being a little childish over the critique that you've received :thinking:

If you don't like what I've put in your thread in my first post then please feel free to RTM my post, I have no issue with a moderator checking my post (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

the "tit-for-tat" critique has already been noticed, Matt, and I cannot honestly say it impressed me...

I think to be honest, that it's something that comes with the territory in the creative section - if you've done something that's a little experimental, or perhaps something with very subtle creative work on the photoshop side that people may not "get" straight away - then there's always going to be a possibility that people will either say "I don't get it" or "What's so creative about that".

I know when I've posted in here, I've always tried to explain something about the underlying thought processes behind my image. I can appreciate that you may well feel "It's Art - it Doesn't need Explaination" - but if someone asks why you consider a shot "creative" then the onus is on you to explain why without any dummy-spitting or otherwise childish behaviour. This forum exists for sharing pictures, and for giving and recieving critique. If you don't want critique, don't post in here - if you do get critique, or get asked for clarification, take the crit. on board or give the clarification.

I think to be honest, that it's something that comes with the territory in the creative section - if you've done something that's a little experimental, or perhaps something with very subtle creative work on the photoshop side that people may not "get" straight away - then there's always going to be a possibility that people will either say "I don't get it" or "What's so creative about that".

I know when I've posted in here, I've always tried to explain something about the underlying thought processes behind my image. I can appreciate that you may well feel "It's Art - it Doesn't need Explaination" - but if someone asks why you consider a shot "creative" then the onus is on you to explain why without any dummy-spitting or otherwise childish behaviour. This forum exists for sharing pictures, and for giving and recieving critique. If you don't want critique, don't post in here - if you do get critique, or get asked for clarification, take the crit. on board or give the clarification.

Just before this gets slightly out of hand
Matt asked me a question that I had no answer to
I could have answered with a load of bovine dropping such as the walnut sets off the brass and the time clock is being representative of the working class. The blue sky is expectation at the end of the day
But to be honest I havn't a clue The clock was a nice bit of workmanship but it didnt inspire me after I had taken it So I altered it (creativly) the nearset I could get to an explanation is its an electronically manipulated doodle but it was FUN
The answer Matt gave about his image was better than anything I could come up with
As for critique I have tried my best in other sections of this forum to give and take (and suffered both pat and kick)
I do know what this forum is about and how quickly people get touchy

Just before this gets slightly out of hand
Matt asked me a question that I had no answer to
I could have answered with a load of bovine dropping such as the walnut sets off the brass and the time clock is being representative of the working class. The blue sky is expectation at the end of the day
But to be honest I havn't a clue The clock was a nice bit of workmanship but it didnt inspire me after I had taken it So I altered it (creativly) the nearset I could get to an explanation is its an electronically manipulated doodle but it was FUN
The answer Matt gave about his image was better than anything I could come up with
As for critique I have tried my best in other sections of this forum to give and take (and suffered both pat and kick)
I do know what this forum is about and how quickly people get touchy

Great that you've spotted that ' people get touchy! ', but that's the nature of Forums; take no notice!
Matt does have it right, 'If you don't want critique, don't post'.

Merry Christmas ;)

Great that you've spotted that ' people get touchy! ', but that's the nature of Forums; take no notice!
Matt does have it right, 'If you don't want critique, don't post'.

Merry Christmas ;)

Thanks for that but the quote belongs to the big yin not Matt
Who is spreading the rumours that I dont want critique
Stand up that man
Its lies all lies I tell you

:bonk:you may wish to rephrase / punctuate that comment fuzzy, so as to not give the impression that you think a moderator is spreading rumours about you... :bonk:

Ooops, sorry. It was of course , The Big Yin.

But I don't like to see people get up tight about a post on a forum!
Post it and be dammed !! ;)

Life's too short etc ..............

:bonk:you may wish to rephrase / punctuate that comment fuzzy, so as to not give the impression that you think a moderator is spreading rumours about you... :bonk:

I rephrase
I punctuate

So sorry m' laud can I add the word allegidly (although I cant spell it)

Back