Time For A Film Meet?

Id love to come on a film meet, but feel I would probably spend most of the day by myself taking photos. Im not much of a drinker ya' see :p
Although the consumption of alcohol is usually a feature of our meets it's certainly not compulsory and despite the photographic evidence it doesn't actually form the majority of the day's activities, despite Mr Snap's best efforts :LOL:

I'm a social drinker...some days I get as social as a newt... hic...:beer:

Reactions: PMN
OK I quite like the idea of Marsden and surrounding areas, not an area I know but it looks like there's plenty of nice spots, reservoirs, woods, pubs..oops etc.

Although the consumption of alcohol is usually a feature of our meets it's certainly not compulsory and despite the photographic evidence it doesn't actually form the majority of the day's activities, despite Mr Snap's best efforts :LOL:

Good to know :D

With the exception of the London meet a while back, there is seldom enough whisky to choose from. @Andysnap, where is Roberts when you need him?

Patience dear boy, Roberts will be along shortly. I had to send him out for more moustache wax, the 60 gallon drum was nearly empty and he was doing himself a mischief reaching down to the bottom.

Bah. Southampton is utterly terrible for such places! The best place to get whisky in Southampton is in my blanket chest.

Such a shame. This fine establishment happens to be the closest pub to work, and with around 20 beers and ciders in constant rotation, plus 2 walls covered in whiskey it's a definite hardship :p

That's criminal! You definitely missed out, although the tent outside with the railway going past is definitely a unique charm of the place

I haven't lived in Beeston since 1996, grew up there and have probably been in every other one though :)

If it helps - I shoot film and also run a pub in Suffolk...Would that be of interest? ;-)

I think this may have been overlooked as the eastern England meet,but,I would buy into that one,together with the 100+ miles each way. Free lifts for Kent members,up to three.:)

I think this may have been overlooked as the eastern England meet,but,I would buy into that one,together with the 100+ miles each way. Free lifts for Kent members,up to three.:)

I'd be delighted to host an East Anglia / East of England meet here -

There's some great locations in Woodbridge (where I live) - if there's interest we can meet here, for bacon rolls & a brew then go on to shoot the Tide Mill & River Deben, then maybe over to the coast towards Shingle Street and if there's demand I could arrange access to one of the old WWII airfields near here as well.

Maybe back to the pub for a pint & bite to eat... There's local B&B's / hotels that I'm sure will do a deal on a room for a night.

Would that be of interest?

Reactions: Jao

There's some great locations in Woodbridge (where I live) - if there's interest we can meet here, for bacon rolls & a brew then go on to shoot the Tide Mill & River Deben, then maybe over to the coast towards Shingle Street and if there's demand I could arrange access to one of the old WWII airfields near here as well.

Maybe back to the pub for a pint & bite to eat... There's local B&B's / hotels that I'm sure will do a deal on a room for a night.

(y)

:naughty:

It's not easy to get to, but I'd happily join in an East Anglia meet!

Count me in

I think that if the east meet is to go ahead it needs a thread of its own and someone to own and organise it.....any volunteers?
I may be able to make it but I've got a lot on at the moment so it might prove difficult. It would be fantastic though.

Sometime soon I will set up a thread for the oop north meet.(y)

I think that if the east meet is to go ahead it needs a thread of its own and someone to own and organise it.....any volunteers?

Better be me then - I'll get a thread started ;-)

I don't know I get busy as hell for a few weeks I'm occasionally reading this and seeing lots of interest in Arundel and now suddenly everyone seems to want to run of to the windswept northern Tundra of Watford.

So Arundel whats not to like, as the locals say "Chris is cool" Arundel Photographica should be considered a shrine and an essentail place to visit .

There is the castle ,Cathedral and wetlands centre and Pallants of Arundel is nearly as essentail a place to visit as Arundel Photograhica.

For those that want to end up at a pub for a drink / meal the Black Rabbit comes highly recommended and better yet on a good day you can get a nice sunset on the river right outside

8055537622_8746042773_c.jpg

Yes I know dirty digital if I can find what I've done with any of the film shots I'll add one sometime.

Anyway ... anyone still interested in going to Arundel ?

Sounds fun, April or May time? Someone would have to take the initiative, picks some dates, put up a poll...

I'm still up for this.

Well I'm up for this i.e Arundel for a motor bike ride, but could drop out if not a dry day as I have a motorbike bought 26 years ago that has never seen rain.

Last edited:
Arundel is close enough that I can go pretty much anytime, but somewhen with more settled weather would be good.

If no one else does I'll have a go at a poll in a couple of days in the meantime for those that think its hip to be square ...

12620496563_9eec7e7b1d_c.jpg

Super Ikonta IV Velvia 100 nothing specail but it is film

12620802434_bfc4c056d3_c.jpg

10X8 Provia Nikon 150mm SW probably

My browser has been bad and needs to be punished size.

I have a whole free week commencing Monday 24 TH if anyone local (ish) to me would like an impromptu meet up?

West Yorks/ South Yorks etc.

Back