[Time Lapse] In A Liverpool Minute

Had to watch that a couple of times-That is truly amazing- Nearly 2000 stills to capture that-Wow-excellent.Rob

:clap: Love it matey, especially as it starts to go dark and the street lights etc switch on! (y)

Awesome. Add me to your fan list.:love:

Amazing , does the D700 have an intervalometer built in ?

Fantastic.

Is that a plane we see with about 5 seconds from the end ?

Thanks, folks :)

AMAZING! Just out of question - what tripod you using?

One which I can jam into the window arch and holds my camera perfectly still. Otherwise known as a Manfrotto 190XPROB. ;)

Fantastic.

Is that a plane we see with about 5 seconds from the end ?

There are actually a few planes visible although you may need to watch the Vimeo version in order to see make them out.

wow,very good

Amazing stuff!! What software do you use to put the photos together and at what intervals???

Amazing stuff!! What software do you use to put the photos together and at what intervals???

This is sunset over 2 hours (3pm-5pm) 1,478 individual photos taken at 5 second intervals.

Quicktime Pro was used to create the time lapse sequence @ 24 frames per second. The video clip was then imported into iMovie to add the titling and panning.

Great time-lapse, and location (mild bias due to living there;)). Love it when the lights come on, you should see if you can get the university engineering building in the shot, as it changes colour through the night.

Last edited:
Thanks, folks :)

One which I can jam into the window arch and holds my camera perfectly still. Otherwise known as a Manfrotto 190XPROB. ;)

There are actually a few planes visible although you may need to watch the Vimeo version in order to see make them out.

Can I get the vimeo link mentioned above as I can not get on that link here at work.

Looks amazing! - nice one!

Nice! There was a great underwater timelapse on the BBC's Life lastnight, it was almost as though each frame had been HDR'd. hundreds of multicoloured worms and starfish feasting on a dead seal.

Thanks, everyone :)

How do you get the camera to pan? It's something I'd quite like to incorporate.
Also what program do you use?

This is sunset over 2 hours (3pm-5pm) 1,478 individual photos taken at 5 second intervals.

Quicktime Pro was used to create the time lapse sequence @ 24 frames per second. The video clip was then imported into iMovie to add the titling and panning.

Great time-lapse, and location (mild bias due to living there;)). Love it when the lights come on, you should see if you can get the university engineering building in the shot, as it changes colour through the night.

Unfortunately, from the access I have it's not possible to include that as well as the city centre. I have a wider lens to use, but it's just not possible to get it through the window structure far enough to capture it all.

Can I get the vimeo link mentioned above as I can not get on that link here at work.

Sure, it's here.

I've just watched in full screen as well - stunning work as there is so much to see, I've probably viewed it about 5 times now! Didn't you also do one with mist rolling in? If I remember correctly it was from the top of a hill with the mist coming from the right, it looked almost like a tidal flow.

That's pretty cool, it's been a while since I did any time lapse must pull finger out.

I've just watched in full screen as well - stunning work as there is so much to see, I've probably viewed it about 5 times now! Didn't you also do one with mist rolling in? If I remember correctly it was from the top of a hill with the mist coming from the right, it looked almost like a tidal flow.

Yeah, that would be this one. The rest are in my set of time lapses.

Back