Time to rein in a bit!

Ambermile

A Whole Lot of Sparkle..
Name
Arthur
Edit My Images
No
Today, I commandeered the table thinking I would clear my desk in the office at last. Bad move...

RIMG0163.jpg

RIMG0164.jpg

RIMG0165.jpg

I now have several problems, not the least of which I have not started on the garage yet, and Mrs A is getting a bit miffed...

As I said - maybe it's time I consolidated a bit here... but in my defence I didn't know there were so many :naughty:

Arthur

PS - still can't see the desk yet either :(

I think you should donate them all to me ;) :p

I showed this to the wife and "see I'm not that bad, look at all these" she said "correct and you will never be that bad" but she had ever such a funny look in her eyes when she said it. Help me, I'm scared.

Andy

What you need is a longer table... :LOL:

See? I just *knew* someone would understand :D

Sadly, clearout time though. Ones not used must go (else I can't have any more :( )

Zenit B... polished a bit.

:wave: GS645S... :nono:

Arthur :naughty:

It's on Ebay and in the classifieds! Has been for a week

... there's the garage yet - none of the minoltas (bar the 7 and 7D) in these pics :D

Hi. I could "hide some for you"

Well sadly they really do all need to go - had one mammoth listing session and a final tally of over 60 :eek:

And I still have the X-700 kit untouched (y)

Oh, Arthur, I can't believe you've actually put the изверг (monster) up for sale...

Yup - gotta be ruthless... only one for sale with a reserve though ... :naughty:

Well sadly they really do all need to go - had one mammoth listing session and a final tally of over 60 :eek:

erm what's the point in getting them in the first place then............ :shrug:

The pictures at the top of this post, are pretty much the reason why I desperately try not to buy camera kit. Because, sadly, i'm the kind of person that has real problems in getting rid of anything that I've bought that still works. I had a spell earlier this year, when I was injured, unable to get out on the bike, or go out with the camera. During this spell, I aquired something like 8 cameras, pretty much as it was something to do - fixing them up, testing them out etc. There are 2 in the big box of bits, that never survived, one that's too unreliable to be anything more than a shelf camera, a Holga (don't ask!), A Pinhole Holga (which is actually good fun), the Perkeo, the FED-3 with painted shutter curtains, and the A-1. I can't see myself parting with any of 'em, and if i'm honest, there's nothing affordable that's on the hitlist... The xPan's still there of course, but I did say affordable.

I think he's banking money for one last big purchase. A Nasa moonshot 'Blad perhaps, or a f1.0 Noctilux to put on his Fed.

Might be a D9 the way things are going... if I do buy something it will have to be one that gets used. Honest. Regular too, none of that two christmas trees stuff either!

As hobbies go collecting old film cameras is pretty cash neutral. Think of it like the Duke of Westminster and his 99 year property leases, the money always comes back in the end.
Kids. Now there's an expensive hobby.

That would be something to get, one of those Nasa Hasselblads thats on the moon. With every landing to save weight they just dumped the cameras and took the 70mm film packs back. I wonder if those cameras would still work after about 40 years on the moon (if anyone ever goes back....)

By my calculations there should be 12 - 18 of those cameras stranded on the moon.

Oh they should still work indeed. They probably wouldn't be worth what the postage would cost though. :cautious:

60+ cameras. :eek:

We demand pics of you with all of them strapped around your neck........... (all in one pic!)

Back