Timelapse free software

Name
Gabriel
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello everyone

I think that this is the right place but if it isn't I'm sorry.

Does anyone know of any free software that I can use to create timelapses? I have lightworks but I don't think that that can create them (I'll double check on the forum though) very easily. I've found a couple of things so far but I'm not sure about either of them.

Thanks a bunch

You just need something that can clip 'video' clips (but obv pictures) to a specific length. I've used Somy vegas pro and lightroom iirc but they're obv not free. Would windows movie maker not be able to do it? That's free.

You just need something that can clip 'video' clips (but obv pictures) to a specific length. I've used Somy vegas pro and lightroom iirc but they're obv not free. Would windows movie maker not be able to do it? That's free.
Lightworks is free unless you want professional output codecs.

Hello everyone

I think that this is the right place but if it isn't I'm sorry.

Does anyone know of any free software that I can use to create timelapses? I have lightworks but I don't think that that can create them (I'll double check on the forum though) very easily. I've found a couple of things so far but I'm not sure about either of them.

Thanks a bunch

Lightworks will do timelapse. Click import. Click the cog in the top right. Ensure detect image sequence is set. Import the first image in the sequence.

As with all such sequences, the naming is critical.

Thanks st599. I've got to remember how to use it now since it's been a while :) .

Thanks everyone else who replied. If I can't get my head around Lightworks I'll try using something else :D

I've been trying out virtual dub recently.
I can't seem to get it to work very well on its own ATM, but if I save the video then import it into Windows Movie Maker it seems to work OK.
I've also tried Pinnacle on the I-pad, import the photos then reduce the view time of each picture to its minimum, and was thinking of buying it for the PC so I can use it on both, but it's not free.

If you have a nikon d800 , it will do must of the job in camera, I just had to slow it down using windows movie maker.

If not look at some of the slideshow programs, they will do the job

Cheers steve

If you have a nikon d800 , it will do must of the job in camera, I just had to slow it down using windows movie maker.

If not look at some of the slideshow programs, they will do the job

Cheers steve

Afraid I've got a Sony a77 but I'll check out some slideshow programs as well. See what's easiest.

Thanks

BTW unfortunately my computer won't work with Windows movie maker for some reason.

The OP asked for a timelapse not a slideshow. Timelapse is 1 image per frame.

Back