Tiny Centipede

Edit My Images
Yes
This little bugger was pretty tiny, and I hadn't seen one for a while so out came the macro! Still struggle unbelievably with this sort of magnification, I think I was at 4.5:1 for the head shot and about 2.5:1 for the body, body came out a bit dark so just brightened it a bit in photoshop but thats it- just dont get the time for pp :crying:

IMG_4113.jpg

IMG_4120PP.jpg

I prefer the second one for two reasons, the angle is was taken at and the background it was taken on.

It was actually in a flat glass dish to stop it running too far away! Still didn't stay still for long- then I put it back in the porch to the gf's dismay :LOL:

I'd love to get more natural shots but they disappear in a flash so almost impossible- but I guess that is the hardest part about insect macro!!!

Tell me about it, I tried macro, bought a dedicated macro lens, tripod, got frustrated with the shallow depth of field, then purchased a macro ring lite to enable fast shutter speeds, next purchase was some extension tubes. Net result, I still find it very frustrating so rarely bother. I guess it's like playing an instrument, if it was easy everyone would do it.

Back