To all the wonderul men out there

S

susie

I appreciate the fact thet I am a mere female who has no understanding of how to do all the amazing feats of engineering that you do, and that my tiny pea sized brain is totally useless for thinking with -

BUT

Even I know that 3 layers of foam or plastic backed carpet, with 2 layers of vinyl on top will trap moisture and make the floor in the shed damp and smelly. So if any of you are intending to carpet your shed, one layer is enough.

This means you need to take out whats in there before you put more in :bang:

WRONG!

The real issue is the moisture and the cause of it. The fact that it may become trapped due to multi-layered flooring and cause a smell - and rot the bottom of the shed away - is a side issue.

Besides, real men don't have carpeted sheds. Whatever next?

Lets just say that considering the fact that its raining his shed is drying rather quickly now that its all out!! He has had it down for 6+ years that I know of, so I think its the main reason for the pong - plus the fact that he covered the air brick.....

The bit under the door gets some rain in, but the rest is now fine - wait til I tell him real men don't have carpets :LOL:

WRONG!

Besides, real men don't have carpeted sheds. Whatever next?

what on earth do the bikes sit on then?

not cold concrete surely :nono:

:p

carpet in a shed!!!!!!!!! WHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!

sheds should contain the below items-
dust
spiders
mould,
oil and grease
the invention that is going to net millions when you finaly get it working, although you dont know what it does
fred dibnah memorabilia

carpet, whatever next!

I always thought the idea of a shed was to hide all the tools before the missus gets you to use 'em ;) Under a carpet sounds fine to me, isnt that where she sweeps the dust in the house ???

Gary

carpet in a shed, how 1990s, should be laminate flooring

shed with an air brick in it ? thats called a house .

carpet????? CARPET?????

Spiders are banned from my shed or they get a go on the table saw !!

our shed has a concrete floor,block walls insulated roof and double glazing. oh , and lino too.wiring and plumbing.
actualy its HER shed cos it,s turned into her art studio by moi about five years ago.
i got the garage and coal shed knocked thru for the bikes ***. and one of those is HERS too.

PMSL, to take some of your points!!!

Carpet - I totally agree it should not be allowed in the shed

Grease + dust were present and correct, spiders were evicted, mould was removed along with the carpets + vinyl :LOL:

Window is now clean, floor is now dry, pong has gone!!

As to what was I doing in there :bat: who but a woman can a man turn to when he needs the mess he has made of things sorted out :LOL:

Back