to bloom

Edit My Images
No
GinterFlowerPanoBW157.jpg

Quite superb. :)

Are you a die-hard film guy Tuna, or have you set foot in the digital waters yet? :D

CT said:
Quite superb. :)

Are you a die-hard film guy Tuna, or have you set foot in the digital waters yet? :D

Thank you for commenting. I suppose I am a die-hard film guy. I enjoy the unique qualities of the different types of film. However, I do have some pretty nice digital gear and about 10% of my shots are digital - but even then I convert in a manner that resembles film in the final product (such as adding some grain to all B&W conversions).

Tuna

i like that one also Tuna, the tones are almost metalic, fantastic.

That's really nice :)

really love the metallic feel to this shot, the B&W is excellent and I love the postbox crop too :)

Very nice indeed.

When do you convert to digital Tuna? I'm just wondering if you print before the scan or take from the neg?

dazzajl said:
Very nice indeed.

When do you convert to digital Tuna? I'm just wondering if you print before the scan or take from the neg?

The best way I've found to do it is to scan the highest resolution and largest file (largest "bit") directly from the negative using a dedicated film scanner. Then use a photo-manipulation software (I use Photoshop) as the darkroom in which to remedy the faults that are created whenever one makes a second-generation product (focus, contrast, etc.) as well as the traditional darkroom fixes that might be done to any initial capture before printing (dodging, burning, crop, etc.).

I am currently using an older Nikon 2900dbi scanner capable of 12 bit - today, there are very affordable film scanners in the 4000dbi (and higher) range with greater bit and color depth. I'm saving my coins to hopefully purchase one soon...

Tuna

Good stuff Tuna - a well executed shot and superb in B & W ! Wonder if a little r/h cropping would improve ... imo it would add more impact ?

Lovely contrasty pic though ! Like ...

Back