Tobago

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
Yes

Last edited:
You have some nice shots there.

I like the waterfall shot the most.

The pixel police may be on your tail soon though. Your shots are over size for the forum. 800 pixels max on the longest side.

these shots are ok. Tobago is an exotic location (I have never been there) and I don't think these shot show that. They should make me want to get on a airplane and go there.
Shots 3 and 4 would have made good use of a grad filter, but I think your filter just increase exposure for the whole scene rather than just the sky. These shots would be great if thety had been taken with a grad.
The waterfall is good, just a few shafts of bright light which distract a bit.
With the camera you had I think you got good results, that I'm sure your pleased with and have better shots than most would come away with.

these shots are ok. Tobago is an exotic location (I have never been there) and I don't think these shot show that. They should make me want to get on a airplane and go there.
Shots 3 and 4 would have made good use of a grad filter, but I think your filter just increase exposure for the whole scene rather than just the sky. These shots would be great if thety had been taken with a grad.
The waterfall is good, just a few shafts of bright light which distract a bit.
With the camera you had I think you got good results, that I'm sure your pleased with and have better shots than most would come away with.

As for the exotic location comment - what can i say?! these shots show the real Tobago - it looks just like it does in these pics!

I have quite a few of the rainforest, but I find these too fussy and with no focal point to be considered 'good photos' - any tips on how to make a frame full of trees, leaves and branches look good?

Grad filter is a good tip, thanks - I think I will invest in one soon.

As for the exotic location comment - what can i say?! these shots show the real Tobago - it looks just like it does in these pics!

I wouldn't disagree with that statement at all ... (y) ... and don't forget these are not supposed to be tourism shots as they are your personal account of your trip ... :shrug: ... so who cares if they don't make one want to drop everything and get on a plane ... :D

The reality is often quite different from the touristy image anyway ... :cautious: ... but that doesn't stop this is being one of my most favourite places in the world ... (y)

It is an absolutely stunning little island and a total contrast to it's bigger brother (sister ?) island Trinidad ... :thinking: ... but it does have one or two 'proper tourist' type places ... :shrug:

Your images are a great reminder to me of that and I would go there again tomorrow if someone offered ... ;)

:p

so thats where england is right now

Well perhaps your part. The view out of my window definitely suggests that the south west is still very much somewhere in the vicinity of northern europe. :p:D

I like those shots, they all have something enjoyable about them.

Back