Today- part 2

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
Second half of my pics from today. Watched a Stoat and Magpie have a fight--still not sure who won as both were getting chased over the 5 mins i watched.Will put a few ( not so good ) pics up of the fight later in the Animal /wildlife section.

DSC_5231.jpg

Sunning himself-
DSC_5222.jpg

DSC_5254-1.jpg

DSC_5258.jpg

DSC_5259.jpg

DSC_5261-2.jpg

DSC_5263.jpg

Great set, but No 2 is just wonderful. It's not every day you catch a pose like that. :clap:

What he said......(y)

Hi Mark, setting looks familiar!!

Excellent shots, I heard about the fight, exciting stuff :)

Yeah, im just about to put up pics but they are poor to be honest.I just didnt know these things could move so quickly across open ground.The Stoat looked to be winning when the other (2nd ) Magpie joined in and the Stoat did a retreat, only to shoot across the open ground quicker than " Bolt " could have did it. It did return an hour later and stood on the mound infront of the water for a second or two

Last edited:
Just seen these. Good set too but that wren shot is a bit special.

Both wren shots are stunning (as are all the others). Can I ask which lens you took these with as I see you have the Nikon 300mm f4 which I want, also did you use a TC.?

Andy

Both wren shots are stunning (as are all the others). Can I ask which lens you took these with as I see you have the Nikon 300mm f4 which I want, also did you use a TC.?

Andy

Sorry mate, i used the Sigma 120-300 f2.8 with the tc I sold the 300f4 a while back and just havent removed rom my siggy.All my earlier pics pics taken wit the f4 and tc and its a lovely combo.

Lovely Set Mark, changed your set up I notice, why was that then?

John (y) :clap:

A set to be proud of there Mark (y) #2 is a corker of a capture :clap:

Lovely Set Mark, changed your set up I notice, why was that then?

John (y) :clap:

I went to the Sigma as it had such a good rep, nice and sharp and most of all better in low light if i needed it.Dont regret it however it is a heavy lens to hand hold for 5 or 6htrs like i do.Saying that im looking at a large prime in the next 6-8 weeks so maybe it isnt that heavy after all.:LOL:

A set to be proud of there Mark (y) #2 is a corker of a capture :clap:

Thanks for the kind comments.

Since a few like the unusual pose here a few more, not quite as nice but show what the bird was up to.:shrug:
DSC_5224.jpg

DSC_5219.jpg

DSC_5226.jpg

This was the same bird having a look around before coming out of hiding beneath a tree stump-
DSC_5241.jpg

Back