Edit My Images
Yes
'Umble Sparrers...

OY8N7633-01.jpg

OY8N7629-01.jpg

OY8N7625-01.jpg

A Dunnock

OY8N7613-01.jpg

All the above were 700mm, 800 ISO. tripod mounted.

And a squidger for luck. :D

IMG_4811-01.jpg

This was hand held with the 70-200 2.8L, 100 ISO

You know the words CT ;)

1 and 3 are the pick for me - lovely and sharp. The highlight on the beak is great in 2, but i don't like the white in the background in that or 4. What caused it?

Squidger (y) too :clap:

Some great detail in there, ISO 800? I'm getting more and more tempted by the noise handling of Canon, if I didn't have so much invested in Nikon kit I think I'd seriously look at changing, unless of course the new Nikon line up improves.....:naughty:

LOL Thanks Jonny. The white background is the sky through the gaps in the foliage. I quite like the effect in No2 - not so much in No4 I must admit! :)

Ahhh - I see. My brain tried to tell me it was reflections on water and i couldn't reconcile it after that! :LOL:

I never hesitate to use 800 ISO these days Colin. I wouldn't encourage you to change, but it seems the new 1D MK3 sets a whole new standard for low noise at high ISO. And there was me telling myself I don't need one. Good job I'm skint anyway! :LOL:

:agree:

... "Holly cow I have a lot to learn". Lol
Nice of you to say so Adam but it's not really so. These were in heavy shadow which is always easier than contrasty lighting. Camera was on my old Benbo - solid as a rock, and spot metering took care of the exposure - little or no PSP at all.

Nice of you to say so Adam but it's not really so. These were in heavy shadow which is always easier than contrasty lighting. Camera was on my old Benbo - solid as a rock and spot metering took care of the exposure - little or no PSP at all.

Stoppit! :D

Todays setup..

IMG_4814-01.jpg

What you can't see is the cup of tea down one side of the chair and me fags down the other... contentment! ;)

great detail in the pics, oh and the last pic is my fave..... I really want to jump into the monitor and sit in your chair for a few...... days :) ahhh bliss !!

I think we're all in awe of your chair, CT :D Maybe not the fags though!

I really like that third sparrow shot, and the squidger (ok I've never said that before...Maybe spending too much time on this forum :LOL: ) is just so sharp I nearly pricked myself :eek:

Great shots as usual :)

What you can't see is the cup of tea down one side of the chair and me fags down the other... contentment! ;)

:LOL: Boy do you have it sussed mate, (y) ...'Women! Take note' lol.
...can't believe your still fagging it though ;)
Its time we planned a TP meet round your back garden I think. ....bring your own mug and a comfy chair. :D

Oh, and I agree with Jonny ... yeah stop it will ya, It can't all be that lens. ;)

Ohh I love the Dunnock one! it's got some real character it those eyes :eek:

All good shots CT.... AGAIN :shake: :)lol:)

(y)
another cracking set CT

Now that chair in the garden looks just like heaven Cedric.

Thats just how I wanna spend my retirement, Sat in the garden/cuppa tea taking pictures of the garden wildlife...(y)

Top job mate enjoy it.:)

Wow again CT! :eek: really amazing, lovely birds and that squidge is just ACE!!! (y) :notworthy:

(the look on the squidgies face and the damp patch on the fence suggests you caught him watering your garden :D )

LOL @ Ladybird it had actually been raining heavily earlier. :D

Now that chair in the garden looks just like heaven Cedric.

Thats just how I wanna spend my retirement, Sat in the garden/cuppa tea taking pictures of the garden wildlife...(y)

Top job mate enjoy it.:)

Well Tim, till Angelina Jolie decides to pop round ..it'll do. :LOL:

Well Tim, till Angelina Jolie decides to pop round ..it'll do. :LOL:

I could probably give her day release on Sundays CT, but we'd need to do swapsies on your 500mm - cant say fairer than that :shrug:

Well.. if it's only one day. :shrug:

Well.. if it's only one day. :shrug:

What - you'd have the princess AND want your 500mm on the same day?? Jeez CT, what kind of bird photogrpahy were you planning??

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

lol - fair play :LOL: :LOL:

the effect of the background on #2 really brings it out, top stuff :)

:thinking: not to bad there ct not to bad at all..

:notworthy: as you know

Back