Todays bargin

I think that enlarger is 35mm only -so no good for your medium format negs - just checking you're aware of that.

There's really two stages to the developing process...
Getting the film in the tank which can be done in a changing bag or even using a wardrobe or cupboard.

For the printing stage a room with running water makes life easier and for most of us that means the kitchen or bathroom. Just stating the obvious - blacking out a room is a lot easier at night. Once you've blacked out any windows, cracks around doors etc., then switch off the light and sit in the room for 15 minutes or so till your eyes become accustomed to the dark.

What seems like pitch black darkness at first usually reveals a few light leaks you need to sort out then - repeat the process as necessary.

yeah, the medium format ones are a lil bit more than 99p though.

It will give me a good reason to get my OM used.

What is the difference between a B&W and colour enlarger?

A black and white enlarger is basically, a bulb in a lamphouse which illuminates the negative and the enlarger lens projects the image onto the baseboard.

A colour enlarger is the same animal but with three colour filters between the lamp and the negative, which have dial settings and have to be balanced in relation to each other to get a properly balanced colour print.

Don't even think about colour printing, it's expensive and very very time consuming!

First enlarger I had had no bulb in it, so I popped up the local hardware shop and bought one. I got a lovely sharp image of 'Mazda Neta Bulb' on the baseboard. :D

:clap:

really looking forward to playing with all this stuff.

Been hard recently though with one thing and another, had no spare time

For paper we always used ilford, virable contrast, resin coated paper. I don't really know alot about what sort of chemicals but I'm sure someone will :) you need for developing - developer, stopbath, fixer, water and then a cleaning agent. For darkroom chemicals you neef developer, stop bath, water and fixer. You then have to wash the paper and leave it to dry.

First enlarger I had had no bulb in it, so I popped up the local hardware shop and bought one. I got a lovely sharp image of 'Mazda Neta Bulb' on the baseboard. :D

:LOL: that's the sort of thing i'd do

Well, I've got it now.

Picked it up off a very nice lady in liverpool.

I replaced the standard lens with an F2.8 nikkon (£!0)

Also got my paterson tank and changing bag.

Drying tongs/easel/ etc on there way from ebay.

Just need chemicals and paper (and a dark room!)

Back