Today's protest against Israel invasion (Manchester)

Name
Jessica
Edit My Images
Yes
I hadn't realised this was on today until I was in town. Unfortunately the only lens I had on me was the nifty fifty and it was my first time using a non zoom lens (been using the 24-70 L of late and prior to that just my 18-55 kit lens) Guess it was a good first outing for it.

I'd like any C&C you can give on these. I'm frustrated about the shot of the child. The highlights are blown and I wish I'd not cut off his feet, however I was rushing a bit.

3164304304_44bf423527.jpg

3164198346_d9c4c321f3.jpg

3163365467_94057f2fdb.jpg

Last edited:
Well caught, the kid shot still works.

I cannot be arsed debating the rights and wrongs, lets just say, the kid shot really bothers me. I'm out of all future discussion though ;)

Gary.

Well caught, the kid shot still works.

I cannot be arsed debating the rights and wrongs, lets just say, the kid shot really bothers me. I'm out of all future discussion though ;)

Gary.

Gary, not sure if you're refering to the child being at the front of the march like that, or me photographing him.

My personal thoughts are that it's not right to have him there like that. There is no way at that age he can fully understand the situation and have his own views. As for taking the pics and posting; I wouldn't usually photograph children, however if you put your child at the front of a march such as this you are practically asking for him to be photographed.

But yeah, my overall reaction seeing it was "that's just not right!"

-------------
Edit:

I also got this shot. I'm putting together a portfolio for a college course and am wanting to add an image from this march. I'm not sure which is the best image to enter. Which would you chose (out of the 4 posted)?

3163658991_8c1cf9723c.jpg

Last edited:
Hi mate you were right to photo it. He should not be there IMO. Different world to mine though.

Gary.

I'm not sure which is the best image to enter. Which would you chose (out of the 4 posted)?

I'd crop the bottom half of #1, so no grey tarmac shows. It would make it look more like the boy is forced into that situation.

Back