Todays red Kite.

would be stunning if it wasn't for such a poor distracting background, if you were to get this quality of shot in a natural setting they would be very very good

The kite shots are generally fine, but the BG spoils the overall shot (for me anyway)

Love the dust cloud in #1 - super shots but have to agree with others about the BG

No, not a super shot, the back ground is dreadful.You are photographing birds, at least try and get them in a natural setting, If you can`t, then please post shots like these in the fluffywuffy section.

I can`t critique them as they are awful and i`m sick of skirting around the issue.

Apologies.

That small car park has so many kites it makes it easy to practice on them, the farms that I wander over have about 4 or 5 kites and a group of 5 buzzards over several hundred acres, the car park groups of 30 or 40 kites so I don`t have to wait to long for them to do a curcuit. :)

The last one.

Poacher, you are more than welcome to come and visit me and set up in the field if it is going to help you with a better background, :shrug:

I have a nice big green field and the kites only need a little gentle persuasion to come down for food there.

Just P.M me if interested.(y)

Poacher, you are more than welcome to come and visit me and set up in the field if it is going to help you with a better background, :shrug:

I have a nice big green field and the kites only need a little gentle persuasion to come down for food there.

Just P.M me if interested.(y)

Thank you.

No, not a super shot, the back ground is dreadful.You are photographing birds, at least try and get them in a natural setting, If you can`t, then please post shots like these in the fluffywuffy section.

I can`t critique them as they are awful and i`m sick of skirting around the issue.

Apologies.

Surely if the birds live in the area, then this is a natural setting for them. This is where they are thriving.

While the background is a little distracting in the second, where the wall bisects the wing, I don't mind the background at all in the first.

The first two pics do look a little soft on my screen, but I image that the bird was moving pretty quickly.

I think that if these are from your early efforts then with a bit more work you'll be getting some very nice shots.

Most of the kites I see are in urban areas such as East Reading and housing estates in Watlington, Therefore they have the correct background. I have tried photographing them a lot and them diving is as hard as it gets.

I think they are good and fracster is not only being ungenerous but bloody insulting. To critique correctly does involve stating what is good and what is bad not " they are awfull"

Well done poacher

Remind me not to take photos in case the background doesn't suit! If they are free birds, how on earth can you control the BG???

I think they are great shots, yes, a field, or pretty blue sky would have made them fantastic, but for me, to get a lovely shot like that is great, no matter the BG!

Surely if the birds live in the area, then this is a natural setting for them. This is where they are thriving.

While the background is a little distracting in the second, where the wall bisects the wing, I don't mind the background at all in the first.

The first two pics do look a little soft on my screen, but I image that the bird was moving pretty quickly.

I think that if these are from your early efforts then with a bit more work you'll be getting some very nice shots.

Most of the kites I see are in urban areas such as East Reading and housing estates in Watlington, Therefore they have the correct background. I have tried photographing them a lot and them diving is as hard as it gets.

I think they are good and fracster is not only being ungenerous but bloody insulting. To critique correctly does involve stating what is good and what is bad not " they are awfull"

Well done poacher

Remind me not to take photos in case the background doesn't suit! If they are free birds, how on earth can you control the BG???

I think they are great shots, yes, a field, or pretty blue sky would have made them fantastic, but for me, to get a lovely shot like that is great, no matter the BG!

Thank you all for your comments

Apologies.

What a lovely way of encouraging people :thinking: If you can't think of a way of skirting around the issue and can't offer any useful advice in a polite way then maybe don't post in the thread, hey?

nice shots

but am i right in thinking you are feeding these birds to get them to come down?

Apologies.

You sir are a complete and utter A HOLE, Ive read a few of your posts and quite a few are you just being a ignorant pig. Please go away and break your fingers so you cant type anymore

I have Red Kites all over my housing estate, its easy enough to shoot with a sky backdrop but when the come down for food your pretty much guaranteed to get a house or road in the shot. I for one don't mind the urban backdrop, yes we would all like to see a nice field backdrop but when these birds live and feed round urban areas I think it's fine.

You have done well to capture one of these guys swooping, I didn't realise just how fast they can be when they want to be!!!

I will disagree with some of the comments said, if you go the chilterns it is very common to see kites in towns and gardens. It is the reason they where heavily prosecuted, so this is as far as I am concerned one of their natural habitats. Yes that background might not be perfect but I would love to get a shot of a kite swooping down in a car park!

Just how many boring red kite images have we all seen, this is different so I am looking forward to more so keep it up.

(y)

Back