too good to be true?

Looking at the feedback there seems to be an unusual amount of "not received" reports. Looks like they may not always ship the item but offer refunds if the final price doesn't work for them.

Bob

Ideally i want to gamble for the 85mm but since payapl only protects you for £500 then i don't fancy loosing the extra £££s.

Reading the auction details, they don't ship until the cash is actually in their bank account from paypal, this could easily mean a week or two.

The money appears in your PP account instantly, they obviously wait until the cash has been withdrawn to their bank account. They then no doubt buy the item and ship it leaving them with no cashflow issues.

I follow the "if it's too good to be true then it usually isn't" philosophy and tend to only buy from reputable dealers or what I can see. Tempting though isn't it :)

Yes, my understanding of the £500 moneyback is that it only applies if they have that amount in their PP a/c!
Tread carefully!

Dunc

I have been fleeced a couple of times by Paypal, thats why I always use my credit card, when they fail to act I issue a clawback via the CC provider. PP hate that but then I want my money back [as per their garauntee implies] when things go wrong.

My missus lost £40 on some games, only got £4-5 back as "he hasn't the money in his account". Now what winds me up is that they have your bank details etc so could easily withdraw the money but they don't.

PP seem to protect the scammers these days and eBay insist you use them :(

^^ Believe it or not... When you sign up for paypal, you agree not to issue chargebacks from your credit card :eek:

Paypal ToS said:
PayPal encourages all buyer purchase disputes to be filed and resolved through the PayPal dispute resolution process. PayPal reserves the right to terminate or limit account access privileges of buyers in any of the following cases: abuse by a buyer of the reversal process provided by the buyer's issuing bank; filing a chargeback against an unauthorized transaction; consistent failure to pursue PayPal's Buyer Complaint Process before pursuing any alternate reversal process provided by the buyer's issuing bank. If a reversal claim is initiated, whether as a result of a dispute or for any other reason, the parties agree to provide to any requesting party on a timely basis any and all necessary documentation to resolve any reversal or dispute. PayPal DOES NOT act as the agent of either party in any transaction or resulting dispute, though PayPal does control the outcome of disputes initiated through the Service's dispute resolution process.

^^ Believe it or not... When you sign up for paypal, you agree not to issue chargebacks from your credit card :eek:

I know, I've had to resort to it 3 times now and everytime they threaten to kick me out. To be honest though, their garauntee isn't worth the paper it's written on so I will personally use whatever means are available to me to recover my funds.

Back