Toothless

Name
Julie
Edit My Images
Yes
This is my daughter and would like some opinions please. Which version is the better of the two. Colour or black and white?

colouramber.jpg

b_amp_wamber.jpg

Thanks,

Jewel :)

I would say the colour version Jewel.

The tone is a little too strong on the monochrome version for me. :)

Colour - definitely, and she looks just like her mom. Not sure about seeing you and the window in her eyes ;)

regards

i prefer the colour version too, got a bit more oomph to it

The colour version for me too - it does more justice to those beautiful eyes.

Another vote for the colour version. The mono version is a bit dark and sombre - would be better probably brightened up a little. :)

Yeah I agree, I prefer the colour version. The B&W looks a bit flat, and on my screen looks a bit green.

I think that is has more potential as a B&W but I have to agree with the folks above that it would need more processing.

and on my screen looks a bit green.
You might want to calibrate that. It's a little red over here. ;)

dazzajl said:
I think that is has more potential as a B&W but I have to agree with the folks above that it would need more processing.

You might want to calibrate that. It's a little red over here. ;)

ooh right, how do I do that?

how do I do that?

Well I use a colourvision spyder, which is a little gizmo that sticks to the monitor, reads a load of patches of known colours produced by it's software. Then works out the difference between the known values and actual values and creates a profile to correct the colour display.

There are ways to do a rough calibration without hardware and I'm sure that others here will know about that but I dont.

she a cutie! I prefer the colour version but I also love B&W but don't feel your application has done the shot any favours. The whites of the eyes look a bit too creamy coloured. She has the most amazing smile!

Colour for me she may grow up to break a few hearts

:LOL: "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth!":LOL:

This shot reminds me of my daughter and what we used to sing to her (bad dad). The colour is a lovely natural shot which, as presented, is my preference. i agree that a mono conversion would be suitable but this one is not quite good enough to knock the colour off the top spot!

At the moment, the color one looks better, but I suspect that with a bit of experimenting the mono could work quite well. I think the sepia effect is just a touch too strong at the moment.

Nice shot though, that'll be one for the family album to embarass her with at future dates. I'm sure my folks still have photos of me stood in the sea wearing nought but my y-fronts. Oh, the shame ;)

Yup. Colour.

Colour it is then, thank you folks for all of your advice. I may give it another go at Black and white though. Unfortunately my ps skills ummmm *cough* stink! :D

Cheers,

Jewel :)

Here's an idea of what could be done with a monochrome version.

I used channel mixer to convert and applied Arkady stylie LAB mode sharpening, created a feathered selection around the eyes and applied a bit more to make them sparkle a little.

jewel.jpg

colour one for me to.nice shot though(y)

i liked bachs conversion . great capture to start with jewel. but going against the grain its the mono for me...

Back