"Tornado" (Improved Version)

Ian D J

Michael Fish
Name
Ian D J
Edit My Images
Yes
I felt that the original version lacked the "oomph". So, I let my sister loose on my Tornado photo as she has the means and know-how when it comes to digital photograph processing (I'm quite old fashioned when it comes to taking photos).

So, here it is, which I hope is the "improved version".

tornadonewversion.jpg

Yes, them fence posts are still there but I felt that cropping too much off around the edge made the main subject too "cramped". I also hadn't levelled the horizon this time round, I now hope that this slight slant give it the impression of speed and power.
Also, bear in mind that the photo was taken under very poor lighting due to grey laden skies.

Oh, by the way . . .

It must be pretty good as the editor of a local rag had emailed me earlier on today asking me if I have taken any photos of that train (he was aware of my photography abilities) as their official photographer had let them down.
So I told him that he was in luck and emailed him this photo, five minutes later he sent me a reply telling me that "it's absolutely stunning" and is exactly what he needed!

So I expect this photo to appear in the local paper by the end of this week. :clap:

Back