Torness Power Station

Name
Lynne
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all...not been in here before so be gentle :)

Driving home from Scotland last week I saw the most wonderful colors in the sky around the Torness Power Station .Grabbed the camera & took a few shots....failed miserably to capture the sky correctly so had a little play to get it back to how I remember it.....not really into building photogralhy but for some reason I really like this

DSC_3174 by llj666, on Flickr

Hand held in a bit of a breeze

Thoughts/ comments good n bad much appreciated...thanks for looking (y)
Lynne

Hi Lynne,
A nice clean simple image with lovely wintry pastel tones :D

The only thing I would do is shoot the building slightly to the left or right. But that's only a minor crit.

Cheers Stuart...the colors were really wonderfull...hopefully I'll get them again when I go back up there . Think I understand your commment about the angle.....need my wellies next time as the farmers field was a touch boggy for high heels :LOL:

It's a really good clean and simple composition which looks good.

The colours just look a bit flat to me for a dusk shot. Might be worth tweaking contrast, saturation, definition, and levels maybe to bring the colours out some more.

It's a really good clean and simple composition which looks good.

The colours just look a bit flat to me for a dusk shot. Might be worth tweaking contrast, saturation, definition, and levels maybe to bring the colours out some more.

Thanks for that (y) I did tweak contrast & saturation but found odd swirly pixelation type things starting to appear in the sky colors so pulled it back a bit....then again the sky colors were quite soft .Definition - do you mean sharpening ? I did sharpen it a bit...maybe flickr has softened it again :shrug:

Back