Toxicity in Photography communities

I don't have to know anything or have an opinion on anything, I just ask Mrs WW.

All you guys are missing a trick here, you need to get over to a Bonsai forum,
its coming up to re potting season, the arguments about which is the best "soil" mix is almost just outside of being polite
:D

And I've never seen a religious or political argument on the couple that I frequent.
I would expect the disagreements on Bonsai forums to be smaller. :)

Another massive generalisation, but I find 'aviation enthusiasts' make most other forums/groups/hobbies seem like the most pleasant and well meaning pursuits on earth.
It's all those Fokkers.

I used to frequent the fishing forum concerned, and also a football forum.
Anglers are supposed to be calm and reflective, and football fans aggressive and quick-tempered...

My experience of those two forums suggest the sterotypes are miles off from reality! Even the religion and poiltics discussions on the football forum almost never got as heated as the ones on the fishing one.

You should see it since the Brexit referendum. :LOL:

It does not matter what a forum or community is about, its the people.
There are always rotten eggs who try to bully and dominate others.
I was on a very nasty forum that had a big bust up and half of the members left.
Most of the rotten eggs were in the leaving group and it has been peaceful ever since.
They will be rotten eggs in the next forum or community the join, even if it is a knitting club.

I was on a very nasty forum that had a big bust up and half of the members left.
Most of the rotten eggs were in the leaving group and it has been peaceful ever since.
It wasn't a Brexit forum, was it?

Good way to judge people is go in WH Smiths and look at what the browsers have in their grubby mitts
Those with titles like Mercenary Monthly and Big Mutha Guns have some real wrong'uns perusing them

Good way to judge people is go in WH Smiths and look at what the browsers have in their grubby mitts
Those with titles like Mercenary Monthly and Big Mutha Guns have some real wrong'uns perusing them

Difficult now, Soldier of Fortune magazine went out of print production a few years back;)

GC

How about Guns and Ammo, that was another favourite of the weird loners

Good if you're into AR-15's and Glocks but none of the "employment opportunities" in the old SoF classifieds:cool:

GC

You know how, after you've viewed something from youtube, a bunch of suggested follow-up videos appear? Well after watching that for a few seconds the first suggested video was titled HOW BIG? (can you print).

Back