Traction...

Edit My Images
Yes
The smell and atmosphere around these beasts was fantastic! Another old one I've been playing with. Just need advice on removing the blown out sections.

IMG_2372.jpg

C&C welcome

Al

(y)

Yeh, love them. I was near Norwich yesterday for a big steam rally over there - just trying to process my pictures now.
It's always very difficult to photograph these machines, because they're usually so dark. Looks like you've done well - I normally use Lightroom to recover my blown bits, not sure what to suggest in Photoshop - although if you've got the RAW then it should be fairly straightforward to adjust the exposure down a bit

This was taken at Trevithick day in Camborne, some nice looking machines there. I basically screwed up the shot, exposure completely wrong, if I adjust to much then I start loosing detail on the engine. Just started using lightroom, think I'll have to buy the full version ASAP

Al

There's a limit to how much you can recover the highlights even in RAW and once they're really blown there's no getting them back.

You could try dragging the histogram highlights down in whatever processing package you use. I wouldn't hold out much hope though, you can only pull the highlights a very short amount before it starts having an adverse effect on the whole image.

I can see why the shot would be difficult with the dark tractor and the bright background.:shrug:

Back