Tranquil Lord Archers Obelisk

MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm fairly sure I've not posted this photo on the forum in a dedicated thread before but this was shot months ago and shows a local obelisk looking very tranquil with a little bit of mist and a load of stars, amazing really that so many stars can be seen as this is only a few miles from Birmingham

It's actually not as tranquil as it looks in this photo either as your actually only a few metres from the motorway :eek:

Lord Archers Obelisk under a Stary Night
by mwhcvt, on Flickr

As with all my photos comments and critique are both welcomed and appreciated

Matt

I've often wondered about doing a night shot here:)
Looks better than I thought it would - far less light pollution than I expected

I've often wondered about doing a night shot here:)
Looks better than I thought it would - far less light pollution than I expected

It's well worth it Julian but its worth remembering that more often there will be cattle in the field so if you don't like being around cows it's really not the field for you :LOL: also the last time I was there instead of cows there was a particularly friendly horse in there that decided I was his new special friend and he stood in front of the camera for most of the time I was there, I'm talking inside of minimum focus :bang: that or trying to eat the camera

It looks very tranquil and peaceful, I wouldn't of noticed that it was close to a motorway. No crit from me at all Matt as I think it's spot on.

Thanks Mandy I'm glad that you like it, it's amazing the motorway is just at the far edge of the field :D

My only gripe is that Lord Archer himself isn't impaled on the obelisk!!!

My only gripe is that Lord Archer himself isn't impaled on the obelisk!!!

Different one as apposed to the modern one, that sad thing is I've never been able to find the full story on this obelisk and it seems no one has the full story it's not even known exactly when it was built :(

Back