Tranquility

Name
Donna
Edit My Images
Yes
Another from Eskdale.

TP_DSC5160.jpg

C & C appreciated especially regarding any colour caste as I am having to rely on "default" sRGB monitor setups since upgrading to Windows 7.

You've certainly found a nice location. I think the shot falls short of it's potential. I keep being drawn to the bright area at the top, a grad may help, but It's not a straight horizon shot, so a difficult exposure to balance. I don't see any problem with colour cast on my monitor, although my reminder does keep coming up to re calibrate my monitor.

I like it Donna, its both very busy - in that there is a lot to take in and untangle visually (in a good way) and very calm - in the location and stillness and clarity of the water.

The shot, for me at least, has a great depth - maybe the way you've framed the curve of the river leading my eyes back to the bridge behind!

I like it and the colour looks fine to me as well :)

Many thanks for all your comments, yes it is a little busy and yes it is about light or lack of it (1/15th sec ISO 640 hand held!). To me it was the processing that nobody has commented on.
Pixel peeping in ACR/LR the area under the bridge looked like a blotchy oil painting so I tried Nikon Capture NX2 and found a dramatic improvement in IQ. I spent some time tweaking in NCNX2 and achieved this. I know it's not a masterpiece but I thought it worth a post.

Oh and Neil, too cold, too deep, I'm too old and my Husband would have a blue fit:D

love the shot, maybe try moving to the left a bit, to take your eye down the stream to the bridge instead of the light behind it??

Back