Trash the Dress photographer's workshops

Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

I'm new to the site so I'll tell you a little more about my current dilemma and hope that some, or even just one of you will be able to help.

A friend of mine and myself have good DSLRs and are always on the look-out for new and interesting subjects to photograph - aren't we all? :) Well.... A friend of ours was recently married and had herself what was called a 'trash the dress' shoot after they returned from their honeymoon. The photos were amazing and John (my mate) and I were determined to have such a shoot ourselves - somehow!

I will not go into great detail, but apart from being messed around (maybe that's not fair) by a couple of models we tried to do a 'prints for time' session for, (they wanted 'credentials') plus we ended up blowing £62 on an old fleabay wedding dress which we've suddenly realised might not even fit the model - if we're lucky enough to even find one for our shoot! I shall stop relating our tale of woe and move on to the important part.

We did an Internet search and came across these bods who offer 'trash the dress workshop shoots for amateurs and professionals' for what seems a very reasonable fee - considering the hassle and what it's cost us so far trying to go it alone. Are any of these places any good? Their site has all manner of goodies like a bride with aeroplanes and another on a steam locomotive (it looks like it's in a station so it's probably a 'live' one). It all seems to be too good to be true so we want to know the catch please.

Has anyone tried going along to a 'trash the dress' workshop and if they have, was it all it looks cracked up to be? I haven't put the URL of the site up as I don't know if we are allowed to.

John and I just think there simply must be a catch but can't think what it is!

Thanking you all in anticipation...

Ed.

Back