Travel the World

Name
Linda
Edit My Images
No
HATS OFF to our travel company, Discover the World. When the NZ PM imposed a two week isolation period for visitors 5 days before we were due to travel there for a fly drive holiday on North Island, we rang, wondering what would happen to our £. Initially very disappointed to lose our trip, we realised not long after that we were very fortunate that the NZ PM acted so decisively; 11 days later we have a full refund. Just wow!

When we booked, we spotted that we had 'Interruption to travel' insurance [or some such phrase] as part of our booking. Amazing.

We were due to go to Spain/France mid April , boat to santander then drive up to Cherbourg over 2 weeks staying in various hotels

9 night were with booking.com so cancelling was Ok but 6 nights had passed the 100% refund point so were going to cost us £350

I emailed the owners to see if they'd allow us to change the booking to later in the year or possibly next year

This was the reply I got

Hi Darren Thank you for contacting us.
We understand that this is a difficult time and we want to help you stay safe and well informed.
To that end, we have decided to change our cancellation policy and extend the 100% refund policy to all arrivals in April and May 2020.
This means that you do not need to cancel your holiday now as the situation may improve.
However, if the situation does not improve, you have the option to cancel your holiday up to the week of arrival and receive a 100% refund without incurring any charges.
Or if you prefer, you can postpone your holiday to a later date this year or next year.
We hope this will allow you to have your holiday here at a time when you can enjoy it.
Stay safe and let us know what you would like to do.
Best wishes Maggie"

This is the place if anyone wanted to bookmark it , we'll definitely be re-booking

https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p8398646?noDates=true

Back