Tree Sparrow,my first go at bird photography.

Name
Kerry
Edit My Images
Yes
Took these a few days ago, im very much a beginner to photography so C & C is much apreciated.

sideviewshotcroped.jpg

editedtrrebackphonecroped.jpg

Kerry :)

Last edited:
crikey not 'arf bad for a 1st attempt
#1 almost looks like a studio shot with his shadow!

PS watch your size (max 800) the pixel police will be cruising by!

Last edited:
Really like those. the second especially. Would you consider a portrait crop around just the bird and post on the second though? I think that would really make it stand out then. Such a gorgeous pose it seems a shame to lose it in such a large frame :)

Watch for the pixel :police: though. Your pics will have the link broken unless you resize to 800 pixels maximum on the longest side :rules:

Thanks for the comments (y)
I shall have a go with croping and post the results later. Thanks for the suggestion jo.

#1 almost looks like a studio shot with his shadow!

:agree: ... the shadow is a really weird effect... :shrug:

I reckon if you lose the barbed wire and chop a bit from the left of frame the composition may be rather more pleasing imhgo... :cautious: ... but it is a beautiful capture for someone new to the game... (y)

They could both probably stand a little bit of sharpening as well... ;)

You have captured the cheekiness of this lbj very well and the colours are pretty much spot on too... :D

:p

Thanks for the advice and comments (y) , being new i find sharping and cropping a bit scarey :eek: so I shall post some alterations asap.
I think the shadow on the first image is a crow in the field behind

You do realise that is not a tree he is sat on. Brilliant captures I would be proud of those. :clap::clap::clap:

Wish my first few attempts were as good, it's taken me a while to get anything decent!

Might I ask what lens this was shot with?

I also agree that cropping out the barbed wire would make them considerably better and the 2nd appears to be a little dark.

These are excellent especially as a first go. I agree with others here that a crop would be advisable. Losing the barbed wire for me would be a great enhancement.

Thanks for the advice and comments (y) , being new i find sharping and cropping a bit scarey :eek: so I shall post some alterations asap.
I think the shadow on the first image is a crow in the field behind

You may find that getting yourself a copy of Lightroom would help with this, any edits you do in Lightroom are "non-destructive", i.e. the original is not altered so if you do make a mess, you can always revert back to the original.

Thanks for the comments and advice (y) I've done a few crop's but i'm having problems uploading at the mo :bang:.
dfrear these were shot with a EF 75-300 1:4-5.6 III USM bought quite cheap from a friend who was upgrading his gear. I am eventually wanting to invest in a new faster one but not sure which yet.

Myself I would leave a bit of the wire in shot after cropping, I feel that it adds just a touch of depth to the picture.

Back